This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Considerations about the Aluminium Dispersion Strengthened Alloy
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Are presented some new results focused on a rapid solidificated aluminum alloy (Al-8Fe-2Si-1V), obtained by “melt spinning” method. Alloy composition, processing conditions, resulted structures and the influences between them are presented. There are investigated (optic and electronic) the two zones structures of the alloy and the relation between the processing conditions and the characteristics of the zones, with implications on mechanic behavior in real conditions. The final conclusion shows that is possible to control the structure in order to improve material behavior.
|Technical Paper||Elevated Temperature Aluminum Alloys for Aerospace Applications|
|Technical Paper||Dynamic Denting Study of Aluminum Alloys|
|Technical Paper||A New Paint-Bake-Hardenable Aluminum Alloy for Auto Body Sheet Applications|
CitationVasilescu, M., Sfat, C., and Vasile, T., "Considerations about the Aluminium Dispersion Strengthened Alloy," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1310, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1310.
- Shantanu M. Met.Mat.Trans. 27 A 1996 3919 3929
- Hariprasad M. co-workers Met.Mat.Trans, 25 A 1994 1005 1013
- Sutherland T.J. Hoffman P.B. Gibeling J.C. Met.Mat.Trans, 25 A 1994 2453 2460
- Carreno F. Ruano O.A. Mat.Sci.Tech. 14 1998 322 327
- Leng Y. Met.Mat.Trans, 26 1995 315 323
- Ellis M.B.D. Strangwood M. Mat.Sci.Tech, 12 1996 970 975
- Yang C.C. Hsu W.M. Chang E. Mat.Sci.Tech, 13 1997 687 693