This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
GENPAD® - Ergonomic Packaging
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
GENPAD® is a knowledge-based, three-dimensional modeling computer tool developed by Visteon to create occupant-friendly interiors. GENPAD quickly and easily produces zones to evaluate ergonomic aspects of vehicle interiors such as reach, clearance, vision, and reflection. These zones are produced from automated design studies based on experience and engineering standards accepted by the automotive industry.
Without GENPAD, a single study requires an experienced engineer 4-6 hours to complete. Multiple studies require several engineers weeks to perform. The methods used are also error-prone due to complex instructions. To overcome these challenges, GENPAD provides over 50 ergonomic packaging studies that produce accurate results in minutes, not weeks, every time.
CitationMcGuire, N., Madley, S., Sevrence, S., Kostrzewa, J. et al., "GENPAD® - Ergonomic Packaging," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1241, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1241.
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
- SAE J1100 “Motor Vehicle Dimensions” June 1993
- Automotive Ergonomics Peacock Karwowski Taylor & Francis 1993 27
- Automotive Interiors International Autumn 2000 “Real Time Design” 48 51
- “Occupant Based Design Method for an Automotive Vehicle”
- “Occupant Based Design System for an Automotive Vehicle”
- “Method and System for Vehicle Design Using Occupant-to-Vehicle Interaction”
- “Method and System for Vehicle Design Using Occupant Reach Zones”
- “Method and System for Vehicle Design Using Reflection Zones”
- “Method and System for Vehicle Design Using Occupant Vision Zones”
- SAE Technical Paper 980388 “Rapid CAE Analysis from Parametric Solid Model Assemblies of Instrument Panel Structures” February 1998
- Visteon GENPAD website: www.visteon.com/technology/capabilities/genpad.html
- GENPAD 2001 PACE Awards Finalist: www.visteon.com/news/press/2000/00story117.html
- Automotive Engineering International February 2001 Tech Briefs “Visteon's Virtual Performance Testing” 62 64
- Automotive News February 12 2001 PACE Awards “Golden Time for Innovation” 20
- Ward's Auto World January 2001 “Visteon Goes ‘Virtual’ with New Simulation Lab” 63
- Automotive Interiors International 2000 “Real Time Design” 48 51
- Visteon Annual Report 2001 6