This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling Road Vehicle Dynamics with Modelica
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a complex vehicle dynamics model which is implemented using the object oriented modeling language Modelica™. The main focus is on the multi body system (MBS) implementation of the dynamics of the chassis and wheels. The chassis contains models of an independent front suspension with anti-roll bar, as well as of a twist-beam rear axle. Furthermore, a model of the complete powertrain with automatic transmission is included. The resulting model is described in detail and validated against measured data from test drives with a notchback sedan.
CitationDrogies, S. and Bauer, M., "Modeling Road Vehicle Dynamics with Modelica," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1219, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1219.
- ADAMS Mechanical Dynamics Engineering Software Product Overview 1998 Mechanical Dynamics Inc. Ann Arbor, USA
- Adamski, D. Bardini, R. et al. 1999 “Vehicle Modeling and Simulation in the Duisburg Mechatronics Laboratory.” Kecskeméthy A. Schneider M. Woernle C. Advances in Multibody Systems and Mechatronics Institut für Mechanik und Getriebelehre Graz, Austria
- Bowles, P. Tiller, M. et al 2001 “Feasibility of Detailed Vehicle Modeling” SAE World Congress 2001, Papernumber 2001-01-0334 USA
- Burkhardt, M. 1993 “Radschlupf-Regel-systeme.” Vogel Verlag Köln, Germany
- Förster, H.-J. 1990 “Automatische Fahrzeug-getriebe” Springer Verlag Berlin, Germany
- Fritzson, P. Engelson V. 1998 “Modelica - A Unified Object-Oriented Language for System Modeling and Simulation.” In Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, ECOOP'98 Brussels, Belgium
- Kiencke, U. Nielsen, L. 2000 “Automotive Control Systems ” Springer Verlag Berlin, Germany
- Kortüm, W. Rulka W. Spieck M. 1998 “Simulation of Mechatronic Vehicles with MBS-code SIMPACK.” Multibody Dynamics: New Techniques and Applications London, UK
- Sayers, M. Han D. 1995 “A Generic Multibody Vehicle Model for Simulating Handling and Braking” Proc. 1995 IAVSD Symposium Ann Arbor, USA
- Tiller, M. 2001 “Introduction to Physical Modeling with Modelica” Kluwer, Boston, USA
- Wolf, A. Kayser, A. 2000 “Component Orientated Modelling of Electrical and Mechanical Systems as Required by Component Simulation Software.” In 1st IFAC-Conference on Mechatronic Systems Preprints Volume II Darmstadt, Germany