This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling Road Vehicle Dynamics with Modelica
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a complex vehicle dynamics model which is implemented using the object oriented modeling language Modelica™. The main focus is on the multi body system (MBS) implementation of the dynamics of the chassis and wheels. The chassis contains models of an independent front suspension with anti-roll bar, as well as of a twist-beam rear axle. Furthermore, a model of the complete powertrain with automatic transmission is included. The resulting model is described in detail and validated against measured data from test drives with a notchback sedan.
CitationDrogies, S. and Bauer, M., "Modeling Road Vehicle Dynamics with Modelica," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1219, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1219.
- ADAMS: Mechanical Dynamics Engineering Software, Product Overview 1998. Mechanical Dynamics Inc., Ann Arbor, USA.
- Adamski, D., Bardini, R.,et al. 1999. “Vehicle Modeling and Simulation in the Duisburg Mechatronics Laboratory.” In Kecskeméthy A., Schneider M., and Woernle C., editors, Advances in Multibody Systems and Mechatronics, Institut für Mechanik und Getriebelehre, Graz, Austria.
- Bowles, P., Tiller, M., et al, 2001. “Feasibility of Detailed Vehicle Modeling”, SAE World Congress 2001, Papernumber 2001-01-0334, USA.
- Burkhardt, M. 1993. “Radschlupf-Regel-systeme.” (in German) Vogel Verlag, Köln, Germany.
- Förster, H.-J., 1990, “Automatische Fahrzeug-getriebe” (in German), Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany.
- Fritzson, P. and Engelson V.. 1998. “Modelica - A Unified Object-Oriented Language for System Modeling and Simulation.” In Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, ECOOP'98, Brussels, Belgium.
- Kiencke, U. and Nielsen, L. 2000. “Automotive Control Systems ” Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany.
- Kortüm, W., Rulka W., Spieck M., 1998. “Simulation of Mechatronic Vehicles with MBS-code SIMPACK.” Multibody Dynamics: New Techniques and Applications, London, UK.
- Sayers, M. and Han D., 1995. “A Generic Multibody Vehicle Model for Simulating Handling and Braking”. Proc. 1995 IAVSD Symposium, Ann Arbor, USA.
- Tiller, M.,2001, “Introduction to Physical Modeling with Modelica”,Kluwer, Boston, USA.
- Wolf, A. and Kayser, A. 2000.“Component Orientated Modelling of Electrical and Mechanical Systems as Required by Component Simulation Software.” In 1st IFAC-Conference on Mechatronic Systems Preprints Volume II, Darmstadt, Germany.