This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
On Lateral Dynamics Control of Commercial Three-Axle Vehicle by Front and Rear Wheels Steering
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The optimal control laws of front and rear wheels for a three-axle vehicle on complex typical path are studied based on the vehicle model of closed-loop control. The steering responses of the vehicle are improved through using steering state feedback. The actual vehicle model is considered as an uncertain system. The cornering stiffness of front and rear wheels and outer disturbances are variable over a limited range. The model-following variable structure control method is used for controlling front and rear wheels steering of the actual vehicle, so that the steering characteristics of uncertain vehicle model can follow the characteristics of reference model. Simulation results have demonstrated that the control system model can cape with the effects of parameter perturbations and outside disturbances.
CitationXiqiang, G., Qu, Q., and Zhang, J., "On Lateral Dynamics Control of Commercial Three-Axle Vehicle by Front and Rear Wheels Steering," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1214, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1214.
- Whitehead J.C., Four Wheel Steering: Maneuverability and High Speed Stabilization, SAE880642, 1988: 668-679.
- Furukawa Y, Yuhara N, Sano S et al., A Review of Four-Wheel Steering Studies From the Viewpoint of Vehicle Dynamics and Control, Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.18,1989:151-186.
- Goehring E, Von Glasner E.C., Pflug H.C., Povel R., Optimization of Maneuverability and Directional Stability of Commercial Vehicles by an Electronically Controlled all Wheel Steering System, SAE Paper 945090, 1994:219-227.
- You S. S., Jeong S.K., Vehicle Dynamics and Control Synthesis for Four-Wheel Steering Passenger Cars, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D, Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol.212, 1998:449-461
- Guo K., Guan H., Modelling of Driver/Vehicle Directional Control System, Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.22, 1993: 141-184
- Gutman S., Palmor Z., Properties of Min-Max Controllers in Uncertain Dynamical System, SIAM J. Control and Optimization, Vol.20, 1982:850-861