This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Influence of Front End Vehicle, Fan and Shroud on the Heat Performance of A/C Condenser and Cooling Radiator
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This study is the continuation of our study published in reference 1 concerning the cooling radiator performance on the vehicle. In addition to the last paper, two main parameters will be shown: the air velocity through the A/C condenser and its heat performance. They will be studied and presented, particularly,:
- The influence of the cooling radiator (geometry and performance),
- The influence of size and position of A/C condenser to the cooling radiator,
- The influence of the electric fan (size, power and performance, fan on or fan off),
- The influence of fan shroud (without fan shroud, with full fan shroud or with partial fan shroud),
- The influence of vehicle (pressure coefficient, grill, size of air inlet, under-hood, size of under-hood air outlet, etc).
CitationAp, N., Guerrero, P., and Jouanny, P., "Influence of Front End Vehicle, Fan and Shroud on the Heat Performance of A/C Condenser and Cooling Radiator," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1206, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1206.
- Ngy-Srun AP “ A Simple Engine Cooling System Simulation Model .” SAE International. Technical paper nº 1999-01-0237
- El-Bourini Refki Chen Samuel « Engine Cooling Module Development Using Air Flow Management Techniques » VTMS 1- 1993 Columbus paper nº 931115
- Bideau Antoine “ Modélisation de l'influence du condenseur sur le refroidissement moteur ” Training report Valeo Engine Cooling 2000