This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimizing Thermal Management of Vehicles Using Advanced Simulation Tools
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The thermal management of cars and commercial vehicles has become increasingly complex in the last years. Sophisticated simulation tools assist the engineer in finding a suitable solution to the problem of making a good thermal management. But the possibilities of the available software are still limited, in particular it is often not possible to search for the best solution. In this paper we present new approaches that extend the possibilities of such programs, where special emphasis is put on the optimization of parameters. These approaches, embedded in an easy-to-use graphical user interface, mark a big step towards finding an optimal solution.
CitationStroh, C. and Hager, J., "Optimizing Thermal Management of Vehicles Using Advanced Simulation Tools," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1026, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1026.
- Dennis J.E. Jr. Schnabel R.B. 1983 Numerical Methods for Unconstrained Optimization and Nonlinear Equations Prentice-Hall Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Eichelseder W. Hager J. Raup M. Ditz S. 1997 Designing Vehicle Cooling Systems Using Simulation Calculations ATZ Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift 99 1997 10
- Eichelseder W. Raab G. Hager J. Raup M. 1997 Use of Simulation Tools with Integrated Coolant Flow Analysis for the Cooling System Design SAE Meeting VTMS 3 Indianapolis, Indiana USA May 1997
- Engineering Center Steyr, Technologie Zentrum Steyr 2001 KULI 5.0 User Manual www.kuli.at
- Moré J. Garbow B. Hillstrom K. 1980 User Guide for MINPACK-1 Argonne National Laboratory Argonne, Illinois
- Müller D.E. 1956 A method for solving algebraic equations using an automatic computer Mathematical Tables and Aids to Computation 10 208 215
- Powell M.J.D. 1983 ZQPCVX a FORTRAN subroutine for convex quadratic programming DAMTP Report 1983/NA17 University of Cambridge Cambridge, England
- Press W.H. Teukolsky S.A. Vetterling W.T. Flannery B.P. 1992 Numerical Recipes in FORTRAN The Art of Scientific Computing Second
- Rogerson D. 1997 Inside COM Microsoft Press