This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Estimation of Side Slip Angle Using Measured Tire Forces
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Within the scope of a current research project at the Research Institute of Automotive Engineering and Vehicle Engines Stuttgart (FKFS), the potential for an estimation of vehicle side slip angle and yaw rate arising from online measurement of tire forces is evaluated. Investigations focus on how the vehicle state can be determined, if in addition to wheel speeds and steering angle the tire forces currently acting on the vehicle are known. Different estimation procedures based on inverse tire models, direct integration of vehicle accelerations and closed-loop-observer are discussed. The performance is tested with data from vehicle dynamics simulation.
|Technical Paper||The VTS Single-Vehicle Trajectory Simulation|
|Technical Paper||3-Dimensional Simulation of Vehicle Response to Tire Blow-outs|
|Technical Paper||The Static Directional Stability and Control of the Automobile|
CitationKrantz, W., Neubeck, J., and Wiedemann, J., "Estimation of Side Slip Angle Using Measured Tire Forces," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0969, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0969.
- Hac, A., Simpson, M.D.: Estimation of Vehicle Side Slip Angle and Yaw Rate, SAE-paper 010696, 2000
- Pacejka, H.B., Sharp, R.S.: Shear force development by pneumatic tires in steady state conditions: A review of modelling aspects, Vehicle System Dynamics Vol. 20, pp. 121-176, 1991
- Pasterkamp, W.R.: The Tyre As Sensor To Estimate Friction, Delft University of Technology, doctoral thesis, 1997
- Fukada, Y.: Slip-angle estimation for vehicle stability control, Vehicle System Dynamics, 32, pp. 375 - 388, 1999
- Strothjohann, T., Breuer, B., Dollinger, F., Köbe, A., Prenninger, M.: Potentiale der Oberflächenwellen-Technologie für den Darmstädter Reifensensor, 3. Darmstädter Reifenkolloquium, Fortschritt-Berichte VDI, Reihe 12 Nr. 437, VDI-Verlag, Düseldorf, 2000
- Gelb, A.: Applied Optimal Estimation, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1974
- Huang, P., Smakman, H., Guldner, J.: Design of a vehicle state observer for vehicle dynamics control systems, AVEC '2000, International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2000