This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Measurement of Torque Transmissibility in Diaphragm Spring Clutch
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This article presents the latest developments of a research project aimed at studying the evolution of the transmissibility curve of dry clutches for automobile uses during the life of the component. In particular, the instruments developed for the experimental measurement of this characteristic are illustrated, separating the effects of thinning of the disc by wear from fatigue of the clutch pushplate mechanism. The instruments developed were used to collect a large quantity of experimental data which are presented and discussed.
- G. Mattiazzo - Dept. of Mechanics, Politecnico di Torino
- S. Mauro - Dept. of Mechanics, Politecnico di Torino
- M. Velardocchia - Dept. of Mechanics, Politecnico di Torino
- F. Amisano - Powertrain Division, Magneti Marelli
- G. Serra - Powertrain Division, Magneti Marelli
- G. Ercole - Powertrain Division, Magneti Marelli
CitationMattiazzo, G., Mauro, S., Velardocchia, M., Amisano, F. et al., "Measurement of Torque Transmissibility in Diaphragm Spring Clutch," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0934, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0934.
- Belforte G. Eula G. Gramagna F. 2001 82 92
- Amisano F. Ercole G. Mattiazzo G. Mauro S. Serra G. Velardocchia M. “Diaphragm Spring Clutch Dynamic Characteristics Test Bench” 1999 SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit, Michigan March 1-4 1999 SAE Technical Paper Series 1999-01-0737
- Amisano F. Ercole G. Mattiazzo G. Mauro S. Serra G. Velardocchia M. “Experimental Methodologies To Determine Diaphragm Spring Clutch Characteristics” 2000 SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit, Michigan March 6-9 2000 SAE Technical Paper Series 2000-01-1151