This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Compact Electronic-Throttle-Control Actuator with a Throttle-Position Sensor Integrated Plastic Cover
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A potentiometer-type throttle-position sensor, wiring, a connector, and a cover for the throttle drive mechanism are integrated in order to reduce the size of an electronic-throttle-control actuator. The throttle-position sensor inside the integrated cover showed a large signal deviation when the environmental temperature changed. This output deviation was caused by the temperature expansion of the plastic material of the integrated cover. With the aim of decreasing the output deviation, we analyzed the temperature sensitivity of the throttle-position-sensor output in order to find optimum location for arc-shaped resistor track, and we increased the rigidity of the plastic gear-cover in order to decrease the effect of the temperature expansion.
- Takehiko Kowatari - Mechanical Engineering Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.
- Yuuichi Yanagase - Mechanical Engineering Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.
- Yasuo Saito - Hitachi Car Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Eisuke Wayama - Automotive Products Group, Hitachi, Ltd.
- Hideki Iitsuka - Automotive Products Group, Hitachi, Ltd.
- Toshifumi Usui - Automotive Products Group, Hitachi, Ltd.
CitationKowatari, T., Yanagase, Y., Saito, Y., Wayama, E. et al., "A Compact Electronic-Throttle-Control Actuator with a Throttle-Position Sensor Integrated Plastic Cover," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0861, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0861.
- Streib, H. and Bischof, H., Electronic Throttle Control (ETC): A Cost Effective System for Improved Emissions, Fuel Economy, and Driveability, SAE Technical Paper Series 960338
- Mausner, E.S. and Pfalzgraf, M., The VDO Modular Throttle Body Concept for Electronic Engine Control, SAE Technical Paper Series 900782
- Kowatari, T. et al., Optimization of an Electronic-Throttle-Control Actuator for Gasoline-Direct-Injection Engines, SAE Technical Paper Series 1999-01-0542