This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Direct Injection of Fuel Mixture in a Spark Ignition Two-Stroke Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Paper includes a description of the new system of rich mixture injection by applying of additional chamber and gas flow controlled by electronic valves. The system enables decreasing of hydrocarbons emission and specific fuel consumption. The paper includes mathematical model of exchange charge in the chamber and cylinder, injection process, simulation results of physical processes, which occur in the cylinder and chamber. A diagram of the fuelling system explains a principle of work and figures show variation of gas pressure, temperature and vaporization of fuel during crankshaft rotation. The system is designed for one-cylinder two-stroke engine, but can be applied also for multi-cylinder engines.
CitationMitianiec, W., "Direct Injection of Fuel Mixture in a Spark Ignition Two-Stroke Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0830, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0830.
- BLAIR G.P., The Basic Design of Two-Stroke Engines, SAE Warrendale 1989
- COPLIN N., Application of Air Assisted Direct Injection to High Performance Sport Motorcycles, Orbital Engine Corp. Ltd, 1996
- DURET P., VENTURI S., The IAPAC Fluid Dynamically Controlled Automotive Two-Stroke Combustion Process, A New Generation of Two-Stroke Engines for the Future?, International Seminar, 29-30.11.1993, Rueil-Malmaison, ISBN 2-7108-0654-1
- HEYWOOD J.B., Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals, McGraw Hill, 1988
- LANDFAHRER K., PLOHBERGER d., ALTEN H., MIKULIC A., Thermodynamic Analysis and Optimization of Two-Stroke Gasoline Engines, SAE Paper 890415, International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 1989
- LEIGHTON S.R. and others, The Orbital Combustion Process for Future Small Two-Stroke Engines, A New Generation of Two-Stroke Engines for the Future?, International Seminar, 29-30.11.1993, Rueil-Malmaison, ISBN 2-7108-0654-1
- MITIANIEC W., JAROSZEWSKI A., Mathematical models of physical processes in internal combustion engines of small power (in polish), Ossolineum Wroclaw-Warszawa-Kraków, 1993
- MITIANIEC W., Analysis of Combustion Process in a Direct Injection Two-Stroke Engine, Journal of Kones, 23rd International Conference KONES'96, Bielsko-Biała, 16-19.09.1997
- MITIANIEC W., Fuel injection in two-stroke engines of small power (in polish), Polish Academy of Science, Kraków 1999
- NUTI M., PARDINI R., CAPONI D., FAST Injection System: PIAGGIO Solution for ULEV 2T SI Engines, SAE 970362, SAE International Congress & Exposition, Detroit, 1997
- SPALDING D.B., GENTRA User Guide, CHAM, London 1997
- Information materials of AVL - Small Engine Technology