This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Theoretic Analysis of Factor to Affect Door Closing Force by Positioning Error of Assembly Fixture
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to analyze positioning errors of assembly fixture of car SANTANA 2000, a 3D CAD model of fixture is built in this paper. Six typical deviation models are defined on the basis of six points positioning principle for fixture. The assembly gap distribution between door and side frame is analyzed and the influence of different deviation patterns on assembly gap is studied, and the effect of assembly gaps on door closing force is evaluated meanwhile. The results show that positioning errors of door assembly fixture is one of the most important factors to affect the door closing force.
CitationZhao, J., Zhu, X., and Wan, D., "Theoretic Analysis of Factor to Affect Door Closing Force by Positioning Error of Assembly Fixture," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0769, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0769.
- Ceglarek, D. Shi. J. “Dimensional variation reduction for automotive body assembly,” Manufacturing Review 8 2 139 154 1995
- Ceglarek, D. Shi, J. “Fixture failure diagnosis for autobody assembly using pattern recognition,” ASME Journal of Engineering For Industry 118 1 55 66 1996
- ABC “Variation reduction for automotive body assembly,” Annual Report for Advanced Technology Program (NIST) Autobody Consortium (ABC) and University of Michigan Ann Arbor 1993
- Hockenberger, M.J. DeMeter, E.C. “The application of meta functions to the quasi-static analysis of workpiece displacement within a machining fixture,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering 118 325 331 1996
- Hu., S. Wu, S.M. “Identifying root causes of variation in automobile body assembly using principal component analysis,” Transactions of NAMRI XX 311 316 1992
- Ceglarek, D. Shi, J. Wu, S.M. “A knowledge-based diagnosis approach for the launch of the auto-body assembly process,” ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry 116 3 491 499 1994
- Apley, D. Shi, J. “Diagnosis of multiple fixture faults for panel assembly,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology 1998