This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Hexa-Aluminate Automotive Three-Way Catalyst
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With emission regulations getting tighter and tighter, catalysts will need to be active at ever lower temperatures in order to meet future standards. To meet this need, automotive catalysts are being installed closer to the engine so as to be active immediately after start-up. In this location, catalysts must have high temperature durability.
In this paper, we examined a heat-resistant support material, “hexa-aluminate”, for possible use in future automotive catalysts.
Catalytic activity of hexa-aluminate was more better than La added γ - alumina after redox treatment in model gas and after engine aging. Since hexa-aluminate had the excellent thermal durability, and Pd, which are supported on it, maintains finer particles than those on La added γ-alumina.
We suggest that hexa-aluminate is a effective support material for automotive catalysts. More specifically, hexa-aluminate is expected to be a key technology for meeting the stringent emission standards of the future.
- Keiichi Narita - Cataler Corporation
- Mari Uenishi - Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
- Masashi Taniguchi - Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
- Isao Tan - Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
- Hirohisa Tanaka - Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
- Kimiyoshi Kaneko - Hokko Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Noboru Sato - Cataler Corporation
- Ken'ichi Taki - Cataler Corporation
CitationNarita, K., Uenishi, M., Taniguchi, M., Tan, I. et al., "A Hexa-Aluminate Automotive Three-Way Catalyst," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0736, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0736.
- Peri J. B. J. Phys. Chem. 123 245 1990
- Schaper H. Doesburg E. B. M. de Korte P. H. M. van Reijen L. L. Solid State Ionics 16 261 1985
- Machida M. Eguchi K. Arai H. J. Catal. 103 385 1987
- Yamashita T. Kato A. Watanabe N. Matsuda S. Nippon Kagaku Kaishi 1986 1169 1986
- Machida M. Eguchi K. Arai H. J. Catal. 120 377 386 1989
- Tanaka H. Yamamoto M. “Improvement in Oxgen Storage Capacity” SAE Paper 960794 1996
- Tanaka H. Fujikawa H. Takahashi I. “Excellent Oxgen Storage Capacity of Perovskite Pd Three-Way catalysts” SAE Paper 950256 1995
- Machida M. Shiomitsu T. Eguchi K. Haneda H. Arai H. J. Mater. Chem. 2 4 455 1992
- Machida M. Eguchi K. Arai H. J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 71 1142 1988