This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Implicit FE Analysis of Power Transmitting Mechanisms of CVT Using a Dry Hybrid V-Belt
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An implicit finite element (FE) model was developed to accurately analyze the power transmitting mechanisms of CVT using a dry hybrid V-belt. The numerically analyzed results well agreed with the experimental results. The effects of angle mismatching of pulley groove and flange deflection on the power transmission were examined by using the present approach. The calculated results showed that the blocks were subjected to an over-load due to the pulley flange tilting. The angle mismatching between the pulley groove angle and the block wedge angle strongly affected the power transmission at both steady and transitional states. It was also found that the block tilting in the pulley groove affected the power transmission.
CitationHatada, K., Okubo, K., Fujii, T., Kido, R. et al., "An Implicit FE Analysis of Power Transmitting Mechanisms of CVT Using a Dry Hybrid V-Belt," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0698, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0698.
- Miyazawa, T. et al. Study on transmitting mechanisms for CVT using a dry hybrid V-belt (numerical simulation of transmitting forces and pulley thrusts at steady and transitional states) Proceeding of JSAE Autumn Convention 975 273 276 1997
- Shimizu, H. et al. Development of 3-D Simulation for Analyzing the Dynamic Behavior of a Metal Pushing V-Belt for CVTs SAE Technical Paper No. 2000-01-0828 31 36 2000
- Fujii, T. et al. Power Transmitting Mechanisms of CVT using a Dry Hybrid V-Belt(Advanced Numerical Model Considering Pulley Deformation) Proceedings of CVT CONGRESS 99 248 253 1999
- Fujii, T. et al. Study on Forces Transmitting Between Pulleys and Blocks of a Block-Type CVT Belt SAE Technical Paper No. 921746 1992
- Firbank T.C. MECHANICS OF THE BELT DRIVE International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 12 1053 1063 1970
- Hatada, K. et al. tudy on Transmitting Mechanisms of CVT using a Dry Hybrid V-Belt by Using FEM Proceeding of JSAE Spring Convention No.30-01 2001 7 10
- Fujimura, O. et al. Shifting Mechanisms and Variation of Frictional Coefficients for CVT using Metal Pushing V-Belts SAE Technical Paper No. 2000-01-0840 2000