This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Low Cost, High Performance Impact Test Facility
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An impact test facility powered by bungee cords is described. Bungee powered impactors have a long and distinguished history in automotive and aircraft related testing.
This paper recounts some of the past uses of the “rubber band” as motive power for safety related testing and presents details of a new application for the concept.
|Technical Paper||Door Latch Vulnerability to Rollover Induced Loads|
|Technical Paper||Door Latch Strength in a Car Body Environment|
|Technical Paper||Development of Prediction Method for Dynamic Strain on Windshield during Passenger Airbag Deployment|
CitationGilberg, A., Hood, M., McKinley, D., and McSwain, R., "A Low Cost, High Performance Impact Test Facility," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0689, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0689.
- Woolley, Ronald L. Asay, Alan F. Buzeman-Jewkes, Dagmar “Crash Testing with a Massive Moving Barrier as an Accident Reconstruction Tool,” SAE Paper No. 2000-01-0604 February 2000
- Buzeman-Jewkes, Dagmar G. L'Vsund, Per Viano, David C. “Use of Repeated Crash Tests to Determine Local Longitudinal and Shear Stiffness of the Vehicle Front with Crush,” SAE Paper No. 1999-01-0637 February 1999
- Zaorowski, Albert B. “Human Tolerance to Lateral Impact With Lap Belt Only,” 8 th STAPP Car Crash and Field Demonstration CONFERENCE Wayne State University Press October 21-23 1964
- Zaorowski, Albert B. “Lateral Impact Studies - Lap Belt Shoulder Harness Investigations,” The Ninth STAPP Car Crash Conference University of Minnesota Minneapolis October 20-21 1965
- Macknight, Nigel “Primary Safety - Formula 1 Crash-Testing,” RACECAR 4 3
- Agaram, V. Xu, L. Wu, J. Kotyniuk, G. Nusholtz, G. “Comparison of frontal crash test pulses,” Automotive Engineering International July 2000