This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Adaptive Lighting Functions History and Future - Performance Investigations and Field Test for User's Acceptance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Adaptive Lighting Systems approach the market by showing additional value to the customer. Different possibilities are discussed like additional modules that are switched on, light sources with power controlled luminous output (‘“dimming”) or modules which are enabled to swivel parts of the light distribution or swiveling the full light distribution itself. The result can be measured in photometric parameters as luminous flux, candelas or lux or as well in geometrical parameters as range, sidespread, covered area etc. This paper will add to the usual photometric discussion of the new technologies another aspect: The way a standard driver experiences and accepts the new and rather unused technology of adaptive lighting systems.
CitationHamm, M., "Adaptive Lighting Functions History and Future - Performance Investigations and Field Test for User's Acceptance," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0526, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0526.
- AFS - Advanced Frontlighting Systems
- BURCKHARDT, M. 1983 94 105
- BOEBEL, D. EICHLER, H. HEBLER, V. Bifunction HID Headlamp Systems- Reflection and Projection Type SAE Technical Paper Series 2000-01-0429 2000
- COHEN, A.S. 1996
- HAMM, M. ROSENHAHN, E.-O. System Strategies and Technology for Improved Safety and Comfort with Adaptive Headlamps SAE Technical Paper Series 2001-01-0299 2001
- HAMM, M. LAMPEN M. Luminance Measurement, Contrast Sensitivity, Homogeneity: New Approaches of Defining the Quality of Headlamps SAE Technical Paper Series 980324 1998
- HAMM, M. Adaptive Lighting: Innovative Networking of Systems in Lighting Technology VDI Berichte Nr. 1547 2000 1125 1134
- HENRY FORD MUSEUM & GREENFIELD VILLAGE Detroit Mich. www.hfmgv.org
- HOGREFE, H. Adaptive Frontlighting Systems for Optimum Illumination of Curved Roads, Highway Lanes and Other Driving Situations SAE Technical Paper Series 2000-01-431 2000
- OLSON, P.L. SIVAK, M. Comparison of headlamp visibility distance and stopping distance Perceptual and Motor Skills 57 1177 1178 1983
- ROSENHAHN, E.-O. Analysis of Lighting Parameters during Adverse Weather Conditions SAE Technical Paper Series 2000-01-319 2000