This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Control Strategies and Fail-Safe-Concepts for Adaptive Lighting Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the next few years a lot of car manufacturer will offer adaptive headlamp systems as an option or as standard equipment for their products. These headlamps will provide an advantage concerning comfort and traffic safety for the driver, but on the other hand for a general acceptance of all traffic participants the level of glare has to be controlled carefully.
Developing an adaptive headlamp new techniques have to be installed in the headlamp and in combination with the electronic control unit, which analyzes various sensor information, a complex system of different lighting modules and moving optical parts will be introduced in future headlamps. The high level of complexity requires for the case of failure special concepts, which have to be fixed in the development process of the headlamp with the target of finding effective and cost saving solutions. Some main aspects of this control strategy are presented and discussed in this paper.
CitationRosenhahn, E., "Control Strategies and Fail-Safe-Concepts for Adaptive Lighting Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0525, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0525.
- Advance Frontlighting System AFS: ECE regulation Rxxx-AFS 25 07 2001
- Adaptive Front Lighting System SAE J2591 Recommended Practice 2001
- Hamm, M. Rosenhahn, E.-O. Adaptive Headlamp Systems Detroit SAE 2001
- Hamm, M. System Strategies for Adaptive Lighting Systems PAL Conference Darmstadt 2001
- Hamm, M. Rosenhahn, E.-O. Innovations in Lighting with Adaptive Headlamp Technology Automotive and Transportation Technology Congress (ATT) SAE Barcelona 2001