This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Test and Simulation of Nonlinear Dynamic Response for the Twin-Tube Hydraulic Shock Absorber
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, a method of virtual prototyping vehicles with twin-tube hydraulic shock absorbers is developed. The non-linearity of the absorber is studied based on multi-body system dynamics in the ADAMS environment. The unsymmetrical nonlinear hysteretic loop of the velocity characteristics is more accurate and practical than the piecewise linear representation typically used for shock absorber models. In conjunction with the practical geometric and physical parameters and motion restrictions for a car suspension system, the current virtual prototype is employed for dynamic simulation analyses of the absorber, and the numerical results are able to more closely match those obtained from the bench test. The current virtual prototype is validated and can be used as a subsystem for the optimal design of the shock absorber to match the whole car.
|Technical Paper||Experimental Study on Effect of Damper Lag on Motorcycle Ride Comfort|
|Technical Paper||A Non Linear Parametric Model of an Automotive Shock Absorber|
|Technical Paper||A Shock Absorber Model Using CFD Analysis and Easy5|
- Yanqing Liu - School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Jianwu Zhang - School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Fan Yu - School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Hongguang Li - School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University
CitationLiu, Y., Zhang, J., Yu, F., and Li, H., "Test and Simulation of Nonlinear Dynamic Response for the Twin-Tube Hydraulic Shock Absorber," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0320, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0320.
- ADAMS Users Reference Manual USA MDI 1994
- Yun Zhao Test and analyses the damp force of the automobile tube shock absorber Jiangsu University of Science and Technology Journal 1998 19 4 59 65
- Zhigang Huang Muqiao Zheng et al The simulation of the valve shock absorber characteristic Computer Simulation 1996 13 1 36 42
- Besinger F H Cebon D Cole D J. Damper models for heavy vehicle-ride dynamics Vehicle System Dynamics 1995 24 1 35 64
- Nozaki Hiromichi Inagaki Yoji Technology for measuring and diagnosing the damping force shock absorbers and the constant of coil spring when mounted on a vehicle JSAE Review 1999 20 2 413 419
- Liu Y.Q. Zhang J.W. Li H.G. Hysteretic response for the twin tube hydraulic shock absorber Hangzhou, P.R. China, Asia Pacific Vibration Conference 2001 445 450K