This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New Technology of Manufacturing for Coil Springs Used in Automotive Suspensions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Recently, the following two new items are strongly required for coil springs used in automotive suspensions. One of them is the control of the force action line of the spring. The second item is to design the geometry of the spring so that the spring can be installed within the space allowed. In order to meet these demands, precise design and production technology is required. However, it has been difficult to produce the springs exactly as they are designed. The developed CAD-CAM system is capable of materializing the designed geometry of the spring without the help of workers' skills and experiences. This system allows us to automatically generate NC data for coiling from the geometry of the spring obtained by the finite element analysis.
|Technical Paper||Stronger Material for Cold-Formed Coil Springs Used in Automotive Suspensions|
|Technical Paper||The Effect of Rubber Seats on Coil Spring Force Line|
|Technical Paper||Titanium Suspension Springs - An Update|
CitationHasegawa, K., Okura, S., and Imaizumi, T., "New Technology of Manufacturing for Coil Springs Used in Automotive Suspensions," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0318, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0318.
- Gotoh, T. Imaizumi, T. “Optimization of Force Action Line with New Spring Design on the Macpherson Strut Suspension for Riding Comfort” SAE 2000 Transactions, Journal of Passenger Cars: Mechanical Systems 108 114
- Toshio, H. Takahiro, N. Hideto, E. Naoshi, S. Shinichi, N. Maiko, I. “Development of L-shape Coil Spring to Reduce a Friction on the Macpherson Strut Suspension System” SAE Technical paper series N0. 2001-01-0497
- Sakakibara, T. Kusakari, W. “Development of a New Light-Weight-Suspension Coil Spring” SAE Technical paper series N0. 930263
- Kawai, M. Kunoh, T. Tsusima, K. “Geometrical Analysis of the Figure of the Wire in 2-Finger Coiling System” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (in Japan) 54 1978 2368 2373
- Shinichi, N. Maiko, I. Hideto, E. Naoshi, S. Jiro, O. Toshio, H. “NC Control Point Estimator for Shape-Controlled Coil Spring” SAE Technical paper series N0. 2001-01-049