This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Durability of Welding Beads for Chassis Parts
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the Automotive Field, the current research is aimed at decreasing product costs and timing while increasing reliability. Therefore, carmakers are asking their partners to meet these goals. In this way, development stages use more and more numerical tools to test different solutions quickly. However, in order to be representative, these numerical studies must be reliable and take into account all manufacturing operations done on the part.
In the chassis system, we use a lot of assembly process in order to build components. One of these methods is the welding technic. To simulate a welded part, we have to know and modelize some production parameters.
In this paper, the definition of the influential factors on the welding beads' reliability and an integration method in numerical calculations regarding the effects of these parameters are introduced.
CitationCottin, F., "Durability of Welding Beads for Chassis Parts," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0128, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0128.
- Welding Assembly Design - Standards Documents - Auto Chassis International.
- Definition of Welding Assembly's Durability Thesis Report - FAYARD J.L..
- Components' and Welding Assembly's Durability CETIM - HERVE H..
- Welding Deformation and Stresses - Welding Institute - GERBEAUX H.; PIETTE M..
- Fatigue assessment of welded automotive aluminum components using the hot spot approach - 8th INALCO 2001 - GRIFFON M.B.; THOMAS J.J.; RATHERY S.; LIENARD C..