This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SDARS - Antennas: Environmental Influences, Measurement, Vehicle Application Investigations and Field Experiences
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
According to the challenging antenna performance requirements for the reception of the Satellite Digital Audio Radio Services (SDARS), environmental influences are playing an important role for the practical design and application of such an antenna. This paper will report about remarkable influences on the performance of SDARS - Antennas with respect to ground plane conditions for measurements in anechoic chambers, as well as for vehicle mounting conditions. Results of field tests will show, what this means for reception.
- Heinz Lindenmeier - University of the Bundeswehr Munich
- Jochen Hopf - University of the Bundeswehr Munich
- Leopold Reiter - University of the Bundeswehr Munich
- Michael Daginnus - Fuba Automotive
- Rainer Kronberger - Fuba Automotive
- Axel Stephan - Fuba Automotive
- Gerd-Hinrich Hassmann - Fuba Automotive
CitationDaginnus, M., Kronberger, R., Stephan, A., Hassmann, G. et al., "SDARS - Antennas: Environmental Influences, Measurement, Vehicle Application Investigations and Field Experiences," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0120, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0120.
- Daginnus M. Stephan A. Kronberger R. “Simulation and Measurement Results of Complex Integrated Vehicle Antenna Systems for Premium Audio Reception” SAE 2001 World Congress Society of Automotive Engineers Detroit March 5-8 2001 SAE technical paper series 2001-01-0004
- Petros Argy Licul Stanislav ““Folded” Quadrifilar Helix Antenna”” 2001 IEEE Antennas & Propagation Society, International Symposium Boston July 8-13 2001 2001 Four 569
- Kronberger R. Stephan A. Daginnus M. “3 D Antenna Measurement and Electromagnetic Simulation for Advanced Vehicle Antenna Development” 2001 IEEE Antennas & Propagation Society, International Symposium Boston July 8-13 2001 2001 Three 342
- XM Antenna Specification XM Satellite Radio Boca Raton 2001
- Sirius-Antenna Specifications Sirius Satellite Radio New York 2001
- Kronberger R. et al. Design Method for Antenna Arrays on Cars with Electrically Short Elements under Incorporation of the Radiation Properties of the Car Body. Influence of the radiation properties of a car IEEE Antenna and Propagation Symposium Montreal 1997
- Lindenmeier H. et al. A New Design Principle for a Low Profile SDARS-Antenna including the Option for Antenna-Diversity and Multiband Application SAE 2002 World Congress Society of Automotive Engineers Detroit March 2002