This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Quality Measurement and Evaluation of Vehicle Audio Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a new integrated set of software tools for obtaining both objective and subjective evaluations of car audio systems using a single session of recording with a mannequin in the cockpit. This system can be an important aid for the design of more effective car audio systems, especially loudspeaker subsystems.
The tools implement a fully automated stimulation, acquisition and identification procedure together with a fully integrated database, simulation and listening procedure. The first can use several signals as stimuli and several algorithms for identification, being able to model complex audio systems with up to 3 rows of seats for minivan and SUV's. It also implements several inversion procedures for canceling some undesired effects of the acquisition chain.
The second is able to compare in real time different audio systems, change seat and select a head pan and tilt within a limited number of positions. Visual cues make the listening experience more effective: a real car cockpit is shown during the listening with the listener virtually seated on each of the possible positions.
|Technical Paper||Optimizing Vehicle Occupant Packaging|
|Technical Paper||TSAM-Truck Driver Seating Accommodations Model|
|Technical Paper||Digital Human Modeling Requirements and Standardization|
- F. Piazza - Dip. di Elettronica e Automatica, University of Ancona
- S. Bartoloni - Dip. di Elettronica e Automatica, University of Ancona
- F. Bettarelli - Dip. di Elettronica e Automatica, University of Ancona
- A. Lattanzi - Dip. di Elettronica e Automatica, University of Ancona
- R. Toppi - FAITAL Spa, S. Donato Milanese
- M. Navarri - FAITAL Spa, S. Donato Milanese
- M. Pontillo - FAITAL Spa, S. Donato Milanese
CitationPiazza, F., Bartoloni, S., Bettarelli, F., Lattanzi, A. et al., "Quality Measurement and Evaluation of Vehicle Audio Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0119, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0119.
- House W.N. “ Aspects of the Vehicle Listening Environment ” Proc. of 87 th AES New York Oct. 1989
- Kleiner M. Dalenbäck B.I. Svensson P. “ Auralization - an Overview ” Journal of the Audio Engineering Society 41 11 861 875 1993
- Haykin S. “ Adaptive Filter Theory ” Prentice Hall Information and System Sciences Series
- Neely S.T. Allen J.B. “ Invertibility of a room impulse response ” J.A.S.A. 66 165 169 1979
- Oppenheim A.V Schafer R.W. “ Discrete-Time Signal Processing ” Prentice-Hall, Inc. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., USA 1996
- Borish J. Angell J.B. “ An Efficient Algorithm for Measuring the Impulse Response Using Pseudorandom Noise ” JAES 31 7 1983 July/August 478 487
- Odya P. et Al. “ Determination of Influence of Visual Cues on Perception of Spatial Sound ” 110 th AES Amsterdam May 2001
- Shively R. “ Automotive Audio Design (A Tutorial) ” 109 th AES Los Angeles September 2000