This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study of Combustion Characteristics of Hydrocarbon-Air Mixtures at High Temperature and Pressure by Using Rapid Compression Machine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 2001 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2001
Experiments have been carried out with quiescent hydrocarbon-air mixtures for determining their combustion characteristics, under high temperature and pressure using a single and an opposed rapid compression machine with spark ignition. The absolute value of pressure exponent for methane-air and propane-air mixtures increases with increasing initial temperature and the temperature exponent is estimated to be about 2.6 even at high temperature and pressure conditions.
- Tadashige KAWAKAMI* - Faculty of Engineering, Hosei University, Kajino-cho, Koganei Tokyo 184-8584 Japan (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com )
- Satoshi OKAJIMA* - Faculty of Engineering, Hosei University, Kajino-cho, Koganei Tokyo 184-8584 Japan (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com )
CitationKAWAKAMI*, T. and OKAJIMA*, S., "A Study of Combustion Characteristics of Hydrocarbon-Air Mixtures at High Temperature and Pressure by Using Rapid Compression Machine," SAE Technical Paper 2001-28-0010, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-28-0010.
- Jang Seok-Hyung et al. “An experimental study on knock sensing for spark ignition engine” SAE 931902 1993
- Boretti A. et al. “Experimental and computational analysis of high-performance motorcycle engine” SAE 962526 1996
- Williams Paul. A. Davy Martin. H. et al “Effects of injection timing on the exhaust emissions of a centrally injected four-valve, direct-injection, spark-ignition engine” SAE 982700 1998
- Brohmer M. Meyer J. “Numerical simulation of gas exchange in two-stroke passenger car gasoline engine” SAE 931904 1993
- Kumar S. Chalko T. J. Watson H. C. “Simulation of spark ignition engine combustion using lagrangian code” SAE 931908 1993
- Mahieu V. et al “EGR interface:modeling to experimental data comparison” SAE 982695 1998
- Kawakami T. Okajima S. linuma K. “Measurement of Burning Characteristics of Hydrocarbon-Air Mixtures at High Temperature and Pressure Achieved by a Rapid Compression Machine” AIAA 113 290 299 1987
- Rallis J. Garforth A. M. “The determination of laminar burning velocity Progress in energy and combustion science 6 303 329 1974