This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study of Combustion Characteristics of Hydrocarbon-Air Mixtures at High Temperature and Pressure by Using Rapid Compression Machine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 2001 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2001
Experiments have been carried out with quiescent hydrocarbon-air mixtures for determining their combustion characteristics, under high temperature and pressure using a single and an opposed rapid compression machine with spark ignition. The absolute value of pressure exponent for methane-air and propane-air mixtures increases with increasing initial temperature and the temperature exponent is estimated to be about 2.6 even at high temperature and pressure conditions.
- Tadashige KAWAKAMI* - Faculty of Engineering, Hosei University, Kajino-cho, Koganei Tokyo 184-8584 Japan (Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Satoshi OKAJIMA* - Faculty of Engineering, Hosei University, Kajino-cho, Koganei Tokyo 184-8584 Japan (Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org )
CitationKAWAKAMI*, T. and OKAJIMA*, S., "A Study of Combustion Characteristics of Hydrocarbon-Air Mixtures at High Temperature and Pressure by Using Rapid Compression Machine," SAE Technical Paper 2001-28-0010, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-28-0010.
- Jang Seok-Hyung et al.“An experimental study on knock sensing for spark ignition engine” SAE 931902.(1993)
- Boretti A. et al.“Experimental and computational analysis of high-performance motorcycle engine” SAE 962526.(1996)
- Williams Paul. A., Davy Martin. H. et al “Effects of injection timing on the exhaust emissions of a centrally injected four-valve, direct-injection, spark-ignition engine”SAE 982700.(1998)
- Brohmer M., Meyer J..“Numerical simulation of gas exchange in two-stroke passenger car gasoline engine” SAE 931904.(1993)
- Kumar S., Chalko T. J., Watson H. C. “Simulation of spark ignition engine combustion using lagrangian code” SAE 931908.(1993)
- MahieuV. et al “EGR interface:modeling to experimental data comparison”SAE 982695.(1998)
- Kawakami T., OkajimaS., linuma K. “Measurement of Burning Characteristics of Hydrocarbon-Air Mixtures at High Temperature and Pressure Achieved by a Rapid Compression Machine”AIAA, 113, pp.290-299.(1987)
- Rallis J. and Garforth A. M.“The determination of laminar burning velocity, Progress in energy and combustion science vol.6, pp.303-329.(1974)