This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Techniques for Accelerated Design Validation of Tractor Chassis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 10, 2001 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2001
With increasing competition and number of global players entering the Indian market, the Indian tractor scenario is as hot and fluid as that of the passenger car. Tractor manufacturers are under tremendous market pressure to become internationally competitive and bring out new tractor models in the shortest time possible as well as keeping the validation costs to a minimum. This is making them to look for advanced techniques for reducing the development time such as service load data acquisition and analysis, life prediction and accelerated simulation tests for design validation.
This paper presents such an effort by an Indian tractor manufacturer along with ARAL Design validation of the chassis was carried out as a complete structure instead of carrying out on individual components. The methodology adopted was:
to acquire the service load data in various operating conditions by instrumenting the indentified critical components and aggregates
to analyse the strain levels at critical components and aggregates
to generate suitable accelerated load spectrums/blocks for simulation testing
to develop the test facility and carry out the tractor chassis fatigue test using spectrum of simulated load blocks
This paper also discusses in depth the difficulties and problems of service load data acquisition, analysis and simulation of the same on tractors.
|Technical Paper||Vibroacoustic Study in Automobile Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Design of Durability Sequences Based on Rainflow Matrix Optimization|
|Aerospace Standard||Modules and Basic Racks of Metric Spur and Helical Gears|
- A.V. Mannikar - The Automotive Research Association of India, Pune, India
- S. Raju - The Automotive Research Association of India, Pune, India
- P.k. Paul - Eicher Tractors Engineering Centre, Ballabgarh, India
- R.K. Dunga - Eicher Tractors Engineering Centre, Ballabgarh, India
- A. Verma - Eicher Tractors Engineering Centre, Ballabgarh, India
CitationPaul, P., Dunga, R., Verma, A., Mannikar, A. et al., "Techniques for Accelerated Design Validation of Tractor Chassis," SAE Technical Paper 2001-26-0050, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-26-0050.
- nSoft Software Package Manual 4.3 1996 nCode International U.K.
- Lipson C Seth N J “Statistical Design and Analysis of Engg Experiment” McGraw Hill Kogakusha Ltd. 1973
- Swanson S.R. “Evaluating Component Fatigue Performance Under Programmed Random and Programmed Constant Amplitude Loading” SAE Paper 690050
- MTS Systems Corporaiton USA RPC-III Software.
- Shapiro S S “How to Test Normality and Other Distribution Assumptions” American Society for Quality Control 1990
- Kapur K.C. Lamberson L.R. “Reliability in Engineering Design” John Wiley & Sons Ltd. 1977