This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fuel Processing for Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 23, 2001 by Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche in Italy
Annotation ability available
The aim of this paper is to analyse the main concerns related to on board hydrogen catalytic production of fuel cell electric vehicles, starting from different gaseous and liquid fuels. In particular, limits and potentialities of hydrocarbons and alcohols have been examined, considering steam reforming and partial oxidation reactions with reference to emission and efficiency implications. Preliminary results of an experimental investigation on steam reforming of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons are reported. Furthermore, a mono-dimensional mathematical model of methane steam reformer based on first order kinetics has been developed to simulate the experimental results.
- P. Corbo - Istituto Motori CNR - Via G. Marconi 8 - 80125 Napoli - Italy
- F.E. Corcione - Istituto Motori CNR - Via G. Marconi 8 - 80125 Napoli - Italy
- M. Costa - Istituto Motori CNR - Via G. Marconi 8 - 80125 Napoli - Italy
- F. Migliardini - Istituto Motori CNR - Via G. Marconi 8 - 80125 Napoli - Italy
CitationCorbo, P., Corcione, F., Costa, M., and Migliardini, F., "Fuel Processing for Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2001-24-0031, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-24-0031.
- Fronk, M.H. Wetter, D.L. Masten, D.A. Bosco, A. SAE Technical Paper N. 2000-01-0373 2000
- Creveling H.F. “Hydrogen fuel for surface transportation” Norbeck J.M. et al. SAE, Inc. Warrendale, PA, USA 1996 133
- Liu, D. Williams, J. Kaiser, M. Winstead, D. Kudart, J. Simpson, S.F. Rehg, T. SAE Technical Paper N. 2000-01-0379 2000
- Qi, C. Pollica, D. Hagan, M. Cole, T. Rizzo, V. SAE Technical Paper N. 2000-01-0378 2000
- Rostrup-Nielsen, J.R. Journal of Catalysis 33 184 1974
- Trimm, D.L. Catalysis Today 37 233 1997
- Brejc H. Supp E. “Partial oxidation of hydrocarbons” Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry Elvers B. Hawkins S. Ravenscroft M. Rounsaville J.F. Schulz G. VCH New York A12 207 1989
- Goodmann, D.W. Kiskinova, M. Surface Science 108 65 1981
- Ciambelli P. Corbo P. Corcione F.E. Magliano A. Migliardini F. 3 rd European Workshop on Environmental Catalysis Maiori 2–5 May 2001 39
- Bangala D.N. Abatzoglou N. Chornet E. AIChE Journal 44 4 1998 927
- Recupero, V. Pino, L. Laganà, M. Di Leonardo, R. Maggio, G. Journal of Power Sources 71 1-2 1998 208