This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
THE VIRTUAL PROTOTYPE OF AN OFF-ROAD VEHICLE
Published June 04, 2001 by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in United States
Annotation ability available
In paper, the virtual prototype of the rolling – guiding – suspension system of an off-road vehicle is presented. The prototype has been made with the MBS software ADAMS, and takes into consideration the geometric restrictions as well as the nonlinear characteristics of the elastic and damping elements. The experiment designed is one frequently carried by the automotive manufacturers, namely dynamic with shock test, which consists in the sudden release of the car to fall on the ground from a given height. On the virtual prototype, a lot of measurements have been made having in view to optimize the dynamic behavior of the suspension system and to enhance the vehicle safety.
CitationAlexandru, C. and Alexandru, P., "THE VIRTUAL PROTOTYPE OF AN OFF-ROAD VEHICLE," SAE Technical Paper 2001-06-0250, 2001.
- Alexandru, C. Alexandru, P. Sandru, V. Dynamic models for the research of suspension system of the rear car axle Proceedings of Vl International Conference ESFA’98 (under patronage of FISITA) Bucharest 1998 1 155 158
- Alexandru, C. Alexandru, P. Virtual prototyping of the guiding – suspension system of the rear axle of passenger cars using MBS software European Automotive Congress – EAEC’99 Barcelona 1999 11 144 151
- Alexandru, C. Usage of multibody software in virtual prototyping of the suspension system of the cars The Vlll-th International Conference CAR’2000 (under patronage of EAEC) Pitesti 2000 139 146
- Alexandru, C. Alexandru, P. Dynamic analysis of the guiding axle linkages of the cars using mbs software Proceedings of Vlll International Congress on the Theory of Machines and Mechanisms Liberec 2000 27 32
- Elbeheiry, E.M. Karnopp, D.C. Elaraby, M.E. Abdelraaouf, A.M. Advanced ground vehicle suspension system Vehicle System Dynamics n 24 1995 231 258
- Haug, E.J. Computer Aided Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanical Systems 1 Basic Methods Allyn and Bacon Massachusetts, USA 1989
- Haug, E.J. Choi, K.K. KUHL, J.G. Vargo, J.D. Virtual Prototyping Simulation for Design of Mechanical Systems Transaction of ASME June 1995 63 70
- Morman, K.N. Gianopoulus, F. Recent advances in the analitical and computational aspects of modelling active and passive vehicle suspensions Vehicle System Dynamics 16 1987 107 127
- Schiehlen, W.O. Advanced Multibody Systems Dynamics Kluwer Academic 1993
- Schulze, D.H. Schwarz, K. Zauner, M. Vibration Analysis and ride comfort optimization on the flat roadway vehicle vibration test Branch The XXlll FISITA Congress Torino 1990 1 771 777
- Shabana, A. Dynamics of Multibody Systems John Wiley & Sons New York 1988
- Sharp, R.S. Crolla, D.A. Road vehicle suspension Vehicle System Dynamics 16 1987 167 192
- Talaba, D. Alexandru, P. Dynamic analysis of the passenger car front suspension The Vll-th International Symposium SYROM ‘97 (under patronage of IFToMM) University of Bucharest 1997 4 161 168
- Using ADAMS MDI 2000
- DYMES User’ s manual E.M.R.C. Michigan, USA 1995
- EUCLID Reference Manual Matra Datavision 1999
- FARTEC Flexible Bearings Engineers’ Handbook Brasov 1993