This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Powder Metallurgy Application in Automotive Components - Valve Seat Inserts
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work presents aspects related to research and development of high-speed steels for valve seat inserts application. Five series of materials were evaluated: high speed steel M3/2 infiltrated with copper during sintering; high speed steel M3/2 with Cu3P addition; high speed steel M3/2 with Cu3P addition and further copper infiltrated during sintering; high speed steel M3/2 mixed with iron powder; high speed steel M3/2 mixed with iron powder and niobium carbide. The physical and mechanical properties of the evaluated high-speed steels are presented in terms of densification, hardness, and radial mechanical strength. These properties are compared according to the materials processing and heat treatment.
|Technical Paper||Development of High Performance Valve Seat Insert Materials for Heavy-duty Engines|
|Technical Paper||Developments in Sintered Valve Seat Inserts|
|Technical Paper||The Development of a Cobalt-Free Exhaust Valve Seat Insert|
- Marco Antonio Colosio - General Motors do Brasil
- Conrado R. Herrmann Filho - General Motors do Brasil
- Lucio Salgado - Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares - IPEN
- Francisco Ambrozio Filho - Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares - IPEN
- Odilia C. de Souza Ribeiro - Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares - IPEN
- Jesualdo Luiz Rossi - Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares - IPEN
CitationSalgado, L., Filho, F., de Souza Ribeiro, O., Rossi, J. et al., "Powder Metallurgy Application in Automotive Components - Valve Seat Inserts," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3953, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3953.
- SALGADO, L. ANBROZIO FILHO, F. LEAL NETO, R. M. ROSSI, J. L. P/M high speed steels for valve seat insert application SAE Special Publication SP-1610 Powdered Metal Performance Applications 2001 33 6
- SAKAI, M. Self-lubrication type P/M materials for the lead free valve seat SAE International Paper Series n. 2000-01-0395
- The PM structural parts industry - past growth and future prospects Metal Powder Report December 1999 14 2
- WHITTAKER, D. Process economic and technological advances in P/M automotive parts The Intern. Journal of Powder Metallurgy 34 4 1998 53 62
- MYERS, K. Hardwaring iron-base alloy is soft on the pocket Materials World December 1999 755 6
- GREETHAM, G. Development and performance of infiltrated and non-infiltrated valve seat insert materials and their performance Powder Metallurgy 33 2 1990 112 4
- BOLTON J. D. JEANDIN, M. JOUANNY TRÉS, C. Mechanisms of sintering in high-speed steels with phosphorus alloying additions Powder Metallurgy 33 2 1990 126 32