This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamics of Transmissions Using Epicyclic Gear Trains
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Due to the current changes in the automotive industry several new technologies are being developed and the old ones analyzed. The epicyclic gear trains, or planetary gear trains, are important in the automatic transmissions. In this paper a model is presented to describe the behavior of the transmission during the process of gear change. For this the system chose must be fully described, that means the relation among the rotations of the components must established.
|Technical Paper||Dynamics of Epicyclic Gear Trains|
|Technical Paper||The Categorization Of Planetary Gear Trains For Automatic Transmissions According To Kinematic Topology|
|Journal Article||Shifter Fork Stiffness Correlation to Gear Shift Quality|
Citationde Morais, R. and Dedini, F., "Dynamics of Transmissions Using Epicyclic Gear Trains," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3903, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3903.
- Brown, S. F., The Amazing Infinite-Ratio ‘Gearbox’, Fortune, Nov. 13th 2000;
- Amaral, D., Metodologia, Sistematização e Seleção de Projetos de Transmissão Epicicloidais com Um e Dois TEPs Ligados, PhD Thesis, FEM-Unicamp, 2000;
- Mabie, H. H. & Reinholtz, C. F., Mechanisms and Dynamics of Machinery, John Wiley & Sons, Singapore, 1986;
- Doughty, S., Mechanics of Machines, John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 0-471-84276-1, 1988;
- Dedini, F. G. & Morais, R. F., Desempenho Veicular: Revisão Histórica, Modelagem e Simulação, Paper SAE 2000-01-3228.