This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Information Technology of Material Choice for Improvement of Friction Unit Life Cycle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 12, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Computer-aided technology of gathering, analysis and processing of tribological information is presented. It is based on Internet opportunities for exchange of information, Database and Knowledge processing technologies for keeping and using of the information. Proposed approach allows to solve unformalized problems of material choice for friction units by methods of Artificial Intelligence. Algorithms and software for tribodesigning were developed. It could be used either as a separate design tool or as a part of some existing CAD/CAE system. It should allow to include solution of the life cycle improvement problems into computer-aided designing of automotive machines.
CitationEvelson, L., Pamfilov, E., and Rafalovskaia, M., "Information Technology of Material Choice for Improvement of Friction Unit Life Cycle," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3753, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3753.
- Watermen D. A Guide to Expert Systems Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc. Reading, Massachusetts 1986
- Evelson L.I. Zakharov S.M. Pamfilov E.A. “Computer-Aided technology of analysis and synthesis of friction units based on Databases and expert systems” Friction and Wear 21 4 380 385
- Karassik I.I. “Methods of tribological tests in standards of various countries” Kershenbaum V.S. Prof. 1993
- Evelson Lev I. Pamfilov Evgueni A. Rafalovskaia Maia Y. “Mathematical Modeling of Dynamically Loaded Friction Units” Conference Abstracts and Proceedings of The 28 th Israel Conference on Mechanical Engineering June 14-15 2000 15 17
- Mongomery D. Design and Analysis of Experiments John Wiley & Sons 1980
- Zakharov S.M. Bershadsky L.I. Evelson L.I. “Computer-Aided Tribological Material Design for Plain Bearings” New materials and technologies in tribology. The joint Soviet-American Conference with international participation 06-09 October 1992 Minsk, Belarus CIS Minsk 1992
- Muschick E. Muller P. VEB Verlag Technik Berlin 1987
- Evelson L. I. Keglin B. G. Manashkin L. A. 29 36 1985
- Reklaitis G.V. Ravindran A. Ragsdell K.M. Engineering Optimization John Wiley and sons 1983 349