This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Information Technology of Material Choice for Improvement of Friction Unit Life Cycle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 12, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Computer-aided technology of gathering, analysis and processing of tribological information is presented. It is based on Internet opportunities for exchange of information, Database and Knowledge processing technologies for keeping and using of the information. Proposed approach allows to solve unformalized problems of material choice for friction units by methods of Artificial Intelligence. Algorithms and software for tribodesigning were developed. It could be used either as a separate design tool or as a part of some existing CAD/CAE system. It should allow to include solution of the life cycle improvement problems into computer-aided designing of automotive machines.
CitationEvelson, L., Pamfilov, E., and Rafalovskaia, M., "Information Technology of Material Choice for Improvement of Friction Unit Life Cycle," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3753, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3753.
- Watermen D., A Guide to Expert Systems, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., Reading, Massachusetts, 1986.
- EvelsonL.I., Zakharov S.M., Pamfilov E.A. “Computer-Aided technology of analysis and synthesis of friction units based on Databases and expert systems”, Friction and Wear, Vol.21, 4, P.380-385.
- Karassik I.I., “Methods of tribological tests in standards of various countries”, Edited by corr. member of EARF, Kershenbaum V.S. Prof., Nauka i technika, 1993.
- Evelson Lev I., Pamfilov Evgueni A., Rafalovskaia Maia Y., “Mathematical Modeling of Dynamically Loaded Friction Units”, Conference Abstracts and Proceedings of The 28th Israel Conference on Mechanical Engineering (June 14-15, 2000), P. 15-17.
- MongomeryD.. Design and Analysis of Experiments, John Wiley & Sons, 1980.
- Zakharov S.M., Bershadsky L.I., Evelson L.I., “Computer-Aided Tribological Material Design for Plain Bearings”, New materials and technologies in tribology. The joint Soviet-American Conference with international participation (06-09 October 1992, Minsk, Belarus, CIS), Abstracts of contributed papers, Minsk, 1992.
- Muschick E., MullerP., Entscheidungspraxis: Ziele Verfahren Konsequenzen, VEB Verlag Technik, Berlin, 1987.
- Evelson L. I., Keglin B. G., Manashkin L. A., “Parametricheskaya optimizaciya gidrogazovogo pogloschayushego apparata GA-500”, Dynamika, nagrudzennost i nadedznost podvidznogo sostava”, Dnepropetrovsk (DIIT), pp. 29-36, 1985.
- Reklaitis G.V., Ravindran A., Ragsdell K.M. Engineering Optimization. John Wiley and sons, 1983, 349 p.