This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fundamental Research on Unsteady Pre-mixed Combustion in Non-Uniform Distribution of Fuel Concentration
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 24, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Spring Fuels & Lubricants Meeting & Exhibition SAE International Fall Fuels & Lubricants Meeting & Exhibition
It is significant for understanding the phenomena in a stratified charge engine and an SI engine with direct injection system to carry out the fundamental research. The experiments were conducted in a constant volume chamber with atmospheric condition. The pre-mixed charge composed of ethylene and air was charged with various equivalence ratio, the second charge with the same composition was injected into the chamber, thereafter, the combustion started by a spark plug. The phenomena were analyzed by use of the experimental results of shadowgraph, [OH] natural emission, pressure history and NOx and UHC in the exhaust gas.
CitationFujimoto, H., Senda, J., Sano, M., Azechi, N. et al., "Fundamental Research on Unsteady Pre-mixed Combustion in Non-Uniform Distribution of Fuel Concentration," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3487, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3487.
- Kume, T., Iwamoto, Y., Iida, K., Akishino, K. and Ando, H., “Combustion Control Technologies for Direct Injection SI Engine”, SAE Paper, No. 960600 (1996).
- Iwamoto, T., Noma, K., Nakayama, O., Yamauchi, T. and Ando H., “Development of Gasoline Direct Injection Engine”, SAE Paper, No. 970451 (1997).
- Alperstein, M., Schaefer, G. H. and Villforth, F. J. III, “Texaco's Stratified Charge Engine - Multifuel, Efficient, Clean and Practical -”, SAE Paper, No. 740563 (1974).
- Kuwahara, K., Ueda, K., Ando, H., “Mixing Control Strategy for Engine Performance Improvement in a Gasoline Direct Injection Engine”, SAE Paper, No. 980158 (1998).
- Kuwahara, K. and Ando, H., “Time-Series Spectroscopic Analysis of the Combustion Process in a Gasoline Direct Injection Engine”, Proc. 4th International Symposium on Internal Combustion Diagnostics, AVL, pp. 131-136, (2000).
- Akihama, K., Fujikawa, T. and Hattori, Y., “Laser-Induced Fluorescence Imaging of NO in a Port-Fuel-Injected Stratified-Charge SI Engine (Correlation Between NO Formation Region and Stratified Fuel Distribution”, SAE Paper, No. 981430 (1998).
- Frank, R. M. and Heywood, J., B., “The Efect of Piston Temperature on Hydrocarbon Emissions from a Spark-Ignited Direct-Injection Engine”, SAE Paper, No. 910558 (1991).
- Arcoumanis, C., Hull, D. R. and Whitelaw J. H., “An Approach to Charge Stratification in Lean-Burn Spark-Ignition Engines”, SAE Paper, No. 941878 (1994).
- Zhou, J., Yoshizaki, T., Nishida, K. and Hiroyasu, H., “Effects of Mixture Heterogeneity on Flame Propagation in a Constant Volume Combustion Chamber”, AE Paper, No. 972943 (1997).
- Zhou, J., Nishida, K., Yoshizaki, T. and Hiroyasu, H., “Flame Propagation Characteristics in a Heterogeneous Concentration Distribution of a Fuel-Air Mixture”, SAE Paper, No. 982563 (1998).
- Moriyoshi, Y., Morikawa, H., Kamimoto, T. and Hayashi, T., “Combustion Enhancement of Very Lean Premixture Part in Stratified Charge Conditions” SAE Paper, No. 962087 (1996).