This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Understanding As a New Paradigm in The Design of The Intelligent Systems in Automotive and Transportation Technology
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Understanding is one of the most important human's capabilities that plays a key role in navigation and traffic control. The increasingly complex products and intelligent environment in automotive and transportation technology requires employment of intelligent tools called robots. The robots during their working session require interaction both with an environment and with the other robots and the task to be solved when robot undertakes one of the actions is often complex and difficult one. To be able to make decision connected with the solving a difficult and complex problem robot needs to be able to understand the task. The aim of this research is to investigate the new generation of the intelligent systems whose performance is based on understanding the environment in different areas of automotive and transportation technology. The shape understanding system is given as an example of the visual understanding system where sensory information is transformed into the multilevel representation in the concept formation process.
CitationLes, Z. and Les, M., "Understanding As a New Paradigm in The Design of The Intelligent Systems in Automotive and Transportation Technology," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3448, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3448.
- Brooks, R. Symbolic reasoning among 3-dimensional models and 2-dimensional images Artificial Intelligence 1981 17 285 349
- Foresti, G.L. Fabris, F. Performance evaluation of a multisensor system for autonomus guidance vehicle International Conference on Automative and Transportation Technology ISATA 2000 Dublin
- Habib, M.S. Lateral Motion Control for ITS International Conference on Automative and Transportation Technology ISATA 2000 Dublin
- Cheok, K.A. Smid, G.E. Warner, C. Evaluation of Multi-Sensors and AI approaches for collision avoidance International Conference on Automative and Transportation Technology ISATA 1999 Viena
- Friedrich, H. Rogalla, O. Dillmann, R. Communication and propagation of action knowledge in multi-agent systems Robotics and Autonomous Systems 1999 28 4 290 295
- Petrov, V. Volumic Robot-bio Vision: Novel concept of robot vision nternational Conference on Automative and Transportation Technology ISATA 1998 Dusseldorf
- Qiao, L. Sato, M. Takeda, H. Learning Algorithm of Environmental Recognition in Driving Vehicle IEEE Trans. on System, Man and Cybernetics 1995 25 6 917 925
- Les, Z. Shape Understanding based on the Multi-Level Representation The IASTED International Conference on Computer Graphics & Imaging 1999 Palm Springs
- Les, Z. Les, M. System of Experts to Perform an Epistemological Task of Shape Understanding The IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering 2000 Las Vegas
- Les, Z. Shape Understanding as a modelling of the cognitive processes The International Cognitive Science Conference 2000 Melbourne
- Les, Z. Les, M. Concept Learning of the Visual Forms In Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis and World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetic and Informatics Orlando July 23-26 2001
- Les, Z. The processing method as a set of image transformations in shape understanding An International Journal Computers and Graphics 2001 2 223 233