This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
About Interrelation Between the Tire Grip Properties and the Wheel Sliding
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The investigation is concerned with dependencies between a friction coefficient of the tire with a road, μ, and wheel slip, s.
The analysis of μ-s-dependencies is given in the paper. The conventional approach to their presentation contains some discordance with real physical processes. On the basis of the external friction theory it is possible to offer another concept of potential μ-s-curves. The potential μ-s-curve is a function of the deformative, adhesion and transverse components of tire grip, the absolute slip velocity and the road reaction. Over the interrelation character of the given components it is possible to evaluate a current road-operational situation.
In addition the recommendations for practical use of the potential μ-s-dependencies for the Systems of Active Safety are given.
|Special Publication||Brake, Tire, & Wheel Technology|
|Special Publication||Tire and Wheel Technology and Vehicle Dynamics and Handling, 2010|
|Special Publication||Tire and Wheel Technology, 2011|
CitationBoutylin, V., Lepeshko, J., and Ivanov, V., "About Interrelation Between the Tire Grip Properties and the Wheel Sliding," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3338, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3338.
- Leister G. Runtsch G. Widmayer H 1999
- Gnadler R. Unrau H. -J. Fischlein H. Frey M. Frankfurt am Main 1995
- Rankin J.S. The Elastic Range of Friction Philosophy Magazin 1926 8 806 816
- Kummer H.W. Meyer W.E. 1967
- Ivanov V. Boutylin V. Liashchinski A. Structural Synthesizing of Intellectual Systems of Automobile Active Safety Detroit SAE Technical paper series, 2000-01-1637
- Ivanov V. Boutylin V. Lepeshko J. Control Philosophy for Intelligent Active Safety Systems Proceedings of ISATA 2000 Dublin, Ireland