This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Neural Network Approximation of Nonlinear Car Model Using Adams Simulation Results
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A neural network model of a full car has been developed here on the basis of ADAMS simulation results. The model basically intended for roll control studies, is a completely non-liner model and has 104 degrees of freedom. ADAMS software has been used to determine the model behavior to specific steering inputs. The out put of the simulation program was then used to train a neural network constructed to approximate the model for controller design and real time studies of control action. Specific time delayed feedback inputs to the neural network resulted an efficient approximate model with good accuracy for control tasks.
CitationDurali, M. and Kassaiezadeh, A., "A Neural Network Approximation of Nonlinear Car Model Using Adams Simulation Results," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3324, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3324.
- Kageyama, I. “On a Control of Tire Force Coefficient for Vehicle Handling with Neural Network System - Estimation for Load Rate of Tire Forces” 3rd IAVSD Symposium on Dynamics of Vehicle on Road and Tracks Chengdu, Sichuan, China Aug. 1992 31 34
- El-Gindy, M. Palkovics, L. “Possible Application of Artificial Neural Network to Vehicle Dynamics and Control: A literature Review” Int. J. of Vehicle Design 14 5 6 1993 592 514
- M. D. I., (Mechanical Dynamics Incorporated-2000)
- Wuertenberger, M. Isermann, R. “Model Based Supervision of Lateral Vehicle Dynamics” Proc. American Control Conference .1 1994 408 410
- Ghazizadeh, A. Fahim, A. “Neural Network Representation of a Vehicle Model: ‘Neuro_Vehicle’” Int. J. of Vehicle Design 17 1 1996 55 57
- Neural Network Toolbox-3.0 for use with MATLAB Mathwork 1998
- Hagan, M. T. Menhaj, M. Training Feed Forward Networks with Marquardt Algorithm” IEEE Transactions on Neural Network 5 6 1994