This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Quantitative Analysis of the Relationship Between Driver’s Behavior and Vehicle Motion-Effect of Seat Positions on Driver’s Behavior-
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
We paid attention to the correlations of individual driver’s behavior, the vehicle motion and the road environment, and conducted the travel experiments to investigate the characteristics of the driver’s operation behavior. Driver’s behavior was shot by CCD cameras set in the cabin, and the vehicle motion was simultaneously taken by digital video cameras set on the test course. We analyzed quantitatively the both movements using the three-dimensional image processing system.
As the result, driver’s behavior affected by his set up seat position was made clear quantitatively as shown in the moving traces of his body and arms.
CitationMatsuura, Y., "Quantitative Analysis of the Relationship Between Driver’s Behavior and Vehicle Motion-Effect of Seat Positions on Driver’s Behavior-," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3311, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3311.
- Matsuura, Y. Interacting Roles of Road Environment, Vehicle and Driver for Road Safety, JSAE, Journal of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan Vol.45, No. 10, pp80–87, Oct., 1991. (In Japanese)
- Kamiya, K. Yuasa, H. Optimization of “Human-Vehicle-Environment” System, Journal of Mitsubishi Motors Technical Review, No.4 pp3–11, 1992. (In Japanese)
- Kamiya, K. Efficient Information Processing of Driver, JSAE, Jonrnal of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan Vol.46, No. 1, pp74–80, Jan., 1992. (In Japanese)
- Yamada, Y. Matsuura, Y. Measurement Method of a Motion of Traveling Vehicle via Three-dimensional Image Processing System, Proceedings of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, No.975, pp45–48, 1997. (In Japanese)
- Nakagawa, H. Matsuura, Y. Quantitative Analysis of the Relationship between Driver’s Behavior and Vehicle Motion, Proceedings of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, No.975, pp181–184, 1997. (In Japanese)