This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Non-Linear Neuro Control for Active Steering for Various Road Conditions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To develop a front steering control system, a nonlinear steering control law is necessary, since the dynamical characteristics of cars are nonlinear at the situation of large side slip angle and high yaw rate. The robustness to the change of friction coefficient μ is required on the controller. In this study, an intelligent control of front wheel steering is presented. The controller consists of 2 neural network controllers for specific values of μ and an integrator under the Cubic Neural Network (CNN) architecture. The neural networks are designed with error back propagation learning. By using the CNN architecture, the controller can adapt to various values of μ. The effectiveness and the feasibility of the present active steering method are demonstrated by numerical simulations using simple 8DOF model and DADS full vehicle model.
CitationShimura, A. and Yoshida, K., "Non-Linear Neuro Control for Active Steering for Various Road Conditions," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3308, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3308.
- Ikushima, Y. Sawase, K. A study on the effects of the active yaw moment control SAE Paper 950303 1995
- Koibuchi, K. Yamamoto, M. Fukada, Y. Inagaki, S. Vehicle stability control in limit cornering by active brake SAE Paper 960487 1996
- Kidohshi, H. Yoshida, K. Kamiya, M. Control method using cubic neural network with multi-levels of information abstraction IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks 5 2326 2331 1995
- Bakker, E. Pacejka H. B. Lidner L. A New Tire Model with an Application in Vehicle Dynamics Studies SAE Paper 890087 1989
- Jordan, M. I. Generic constraints on underspecified target trajectories IEEE Proc. of Int. Joint Conference on Neural Networks 1 217 225 1989
- Gillespie, T. D. Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics SAE 1992
- Haug, E. J Computer-Aided Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanical Systems Allyn and Bacon 1989