This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Crashworthiness and Spot Weldability of Galvannealed DP800 Steel Sheet
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress International Body Engineering Conference & Exposition
In this study, to confirm the practical advantages and acceptability of galvannealed TS800MPa grade dual-phase steel (DP800), crashworthiness and spot weldability as important properties in practical use were investigated and compared with conventional galvannealed TS440MPa grade and microalloyed TS600MPa grade steels, which are currently used for frame parts. The results have shown that DP800 has high absorbed energy on crash tests, and has almost the same acceptable weldability as comparative steels.
CitationKamura, M., Utsumi, Y., Omiya, Y., and Kawamoto, Y., "Crashworthiness and Spot Weldability of Galvannealed DP800 Steel Sheet," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3094, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3094.
- Mizui Fukui Kojima Yamamoto Kawaguchi Okamoto CAMP-ISIJ 9 1100 1996
- Sato Yoshitake Ookita Yokoyama CAMP-ISIJ 9 1105 1996
- Watanabe Kitamura Iwaya Okano Shirasawa CAMP-ISIJ 10 378 1997
- Shaw, J Watanabe, K “Steel Strength and Processing Effects on Impact Deformation for a Crash Energy Management Component,” SAE2001 No. 2001-01-1053
- Sawhill, J. M. JR Baker. J. C. “Spot Weldability of High-Strength Sheet Steels,” Welding J. 59 1 19 1980
- Sudo Nomura Mizoguchi Tanaka “Spot Weldability of High Strength Steel Sheets,” ISIJ 68 9 285 1982
- Kabasawa Takada Araki Tanaka Nakaoka “Influence of Chemical Compositions on Fracture Property of Spot Welding Joint for High Strength Cold Rolled Steel Sheets,” ISIJ 64 11 304 1978