This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Numerical Simulation of Airflow Around the Car Body
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A numerical simulation system of airflow around the Car Body is introduced. It involves the basic equations, the application of FVM, the staggered grid system, and the dispose of boundary conditions and so on. In this paper, the application is given and the technological treatments corresponding to the computation are also discussed. The airflow around a test car model with no wheels is simulated and compare with experimental results in order to validate a simulation method of the flow field and the pressure distributions on the surface of the car. The calculation results and the experimental results show reasonable agreement.
- Gu Zheng-qi - Hunan University, College of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
- Jiang Le-hua - Hunan University, College of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
- Wu Jun - Hunan University, College of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
- Luo Yu-feng - Hunan University, College of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
CitationZheng-qi, G., Le-hua, J., Jun, W., and Yu-feng, L., "Numerical Simulation of Airflow Around the Car Body," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3086, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3086.
- Patankar S. V. Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow New York Mcgraw-Hill 1980
- zheng-qi Gu tian-ze Huang Computer Simulation of Bus Body Surface Pressure Distribution and Experimental Research. 1991 20 (8) 276 282
- Matsunaga, Keiji et al Finite Difference Simulation of 3D Vertical Flows Past Road Vehicles SAE 920339
- Rawnsley, S. M. et al Numerical Wind Tunnel for Aerodynamic Simulation of Road Vehicles Automobile Engineer 1985 10 (2)
- Rawnsley, S. M. et al Application of the PHOENICS Code to the Computation of the Flow Around Automobile SAE sp-656 139 147 1985