This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analytical and Numerical Modelling of the Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 11, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper a theoretical study of the turn maneuver of an agricultural aircraft is presented. The maneuver with changeably altitude is analyzed. The effect of load factors on the turn maneuver characteristics during the field-treating flights are analyzed.
The mathematical model which describes the procedure of the correct climb and descent turn maneuver are used. For a typical agricultural aircraft numerical results and limitations of the climb, horizontal and descent turn maneuver are given.
The problem of climb turning flight is described with the system of differential equations which describe the influence of normal and tangential load factors on derivation velocity, the path angle in the vertical plane and the rate of turn in function of the bank angle during turning flight. The system of differential equations of motion are solved on a personal computer with Runge-Kutta-Merson numerical method. Some results of this calculation in this paper are presented.
|Technical Paper||A Low Cost Stall/Spin Simulator|
|Technical Paper||Aerodynamic Improvements for Agricultural Aircraft|
|Technical Paper||Advanced Materials for Agricultural Aircraft|
CitationRasuo, B., "Analytical and Numerical Modelling of the Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2988, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2988.
- Etkin B. Reid L.D. “Dynamics of Flight” John Wiley & Sons New York 1996 238 242
- American National Standard “Recommended Practice for Atmospheric and Space Flight Vehicle Coordinate Systems” American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, ANSI/AIAA R-004-1992 Washington 1992
- Gajic D. Rasuo B. “Effects of Load Factors on the First Phase Turn Characteristics During the Agricultural Flights” Tehnika, XXXI 1982 1881 1882 1890
- Rasuo B. “The Analysis of the Climb Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft” Bulletins for Applied Mathematics - BAM 1099, TU Budapest, Hungary 1995 311 320
- Rasuo B. “Theoretical Study About Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft” Proc. of the 2 nd International Symposium on Aeronautical Science & Technology in Indonesia 1 1996 361 376
- Rasuo B. “Analytic Solution of the Calculation of Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft” Proc. of the JSASS 14 th International Sessions in 38 th Aircrat Symposium Sendai, Japan 2000 669 672
- Rasuo B. “Effects of Load Factors on Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft” 21 st ICAS Melbourne, Australia
- ICL Scientific Subroutines 1900 Series, part 1, Mathematics Subroutines, Manual 1975