This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analytical and Numerical Modelling of the Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 11, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper a theoretical study of the turn maneuver of an agricultural aircraft is presented. The maneuver with changeably altitude is analyzed. The effect of load factors on the turn maneuver characteristics during the field-treating flights are analyzed.
The mathematical model which describes the procedure of the correct climb and descent turn maneuver are used. For a typical agricultural aircraft numerical results and limitations of the climb, horizontal and descent turn maneuver are given.
The problem of climb turning flight is described with the system of differential equations which describe the influence of normal and tangential load factors on derivation velocity, the path angle in the vertical plane and the rate of turn in function of the bank angle during turning flight. The system of differential equations of motion are solved on a personal computer with Runge-Kutta-Merson numerical method. Some results of this calculation in this paper are presented.
|Technical Paper||A Low Cost Stall/Spin Simulator|
|Technical Paper||Aerodynamic Improvements for Agricultural Aircraft|
|Technical Paper||Advanced Materials for Agricultural Aircraft|
CitationRasuo, B., "Analytical and Numerical Modelling of the Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2988, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2988.
- Etkin B. and Reid L.D., “Dynamics of Flight”, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1996. (p.238–242).
- American National Standard, “Recommended Practice for Atmospheric and Space Flight Vehicle Coordinate Systems”, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, ANSI/AIAA R-004-1992, Washington, 1992.
- Gajic D. and Rasuo B., “Effects of Load Factors on the First Phase Turn Characteristics During the Agricultural Flights”, Tehnika, XXXI, No. 12, Belgrade, 1982. (p.1881–1882, 1890).
- Rasuo B., “The Analysis of the Climb Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft”, Bulletins for Applied Mathematics - BAM 1099, TU Budapest, Hungary, 1995. (p.311–320).
- Rasuo B., “Theoretical Study About Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft”, Proc. of the 2nd International Symposium on Aeronautical Science & Technology in Indonesia, Vol. 1, (ISASTI-96-3.2.1), Jakarta, 1996. (p.361–376).
- Rasuo B., “Analytic Solution of the Calculation of Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft”, Proc. of the JSASS 14th International Sessions in 38th Aircrat Symposium, Sendai, Japan, 2000. (p.669–672).
- Rasuo B., “Effects of Load Factors on Turn Maneuver of Agricultural Aircraft”, 21st ICAS, Melbourne, Australia, 1998. CD-ROM.
- ICL Scientific Subroutines-1900 Series, part 1, Mathematics Subroutines, Manual, 1975.