This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Telematics in Brazil: Needs and Market Opportunities
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 12, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper intends to show how Telematics has started in Brazil and describe its impact in the traditional way of making Business with commercial vehicles.
We want to make a brief comment about the main enabling technologies for the Telematics improvement:
Telecom infrastructure: the investments after the privatisation of the sector, as well, trends for new services (WAP, SMS, Tracking, etc);
Internet infrastructure: the growing of internet accesses and its impact in the industrial economy;
The impact of these new technologies in the trucking Business and how Brazil is prepared for. New investments that are coming;
The impact of IT technologies in the Brazilian GIP (Gross Internal Product) and in the Transportation market.
- Luciano B. Abrahão - DaimlerChrysler do Brasil Ltda / Instituto de Física - USP
- Stefan Specht - DaimlerChrysler do Brasil Ltda / Instituto de Física - USP
- Helcio Onusic - DaimlerChrysler do Brasil Ltda / Instituto de Física - USP
- Luso M. Ventura - DaimlerChrysler do Brasil Ltda / Instituto de Física - USP
CitationAbrahão, L., Specht, S., Onusic, H., and Ventura, L., "Telematics in Brazil: Needs and Market Opportunities," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2812, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2812.
- “The influence of the North American and European automotive instrument design on the Brazilian Market and its special needs” Indelicato A. Abrahão L.B. Onusic H. Andreatini S. SAE paper 982838
- “The road Transport satellite Services for the Brazilian Market” Abrahão L.B. Andreatini S. Onusic, H. et al SAE paper 1999-01-2988
- “Navigation System in Brazil: Needs and Requirements for implementation” Abrahão L.B. Andreatini S. Onusic, H. et al Proceedings SIMEA99 44/48
- “TeCo Telematics - DaimlerChrysler” June 2000 Stuttgart - Germany
- “The development of the Diagnose Fault System in Electronic Arquitetures for Commercial Vehicles” Silva C.P. Favero C.A. Specht S. Onusic H. SAE paper 2000-01-3441 December 2000
- “Telematics Business focused on e-services” Abrahão L.B. Specht Sefan Onusic H. Ventura Luso M. SAE paper 2000-01-3199 November 2000
- “Brasil Cellular Market Sizing 2001”