This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Liquid Fuelled APU Fuel Cell System for Truck Application
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 12, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Fuel Cell Auxiliary Power Units (APU) are more and more considered as having the potential to improve fuel economy, to be environmental friendly and to add new functions and features to vehicles.
There are several APU system architectures combined with different fuels and power levels applied to various vehicles
A liquid fuelled APU with a power of 5 kW can address a significant market potential in the field of transportation systems. The future higher voltage architecture and the increasing electrical power demand on board of vehicles are two of several drivers that make the APU solution interesting for many applications. XCELLSIS, The Fuel Cell Engine Company, is developing and manufacturing APUs for automotive application.
In this paper, the potential of APUs, their market, and their application, are presented.
CitationVenturi, M. and Martin, A., "Liquid Fuelled APU Fuel Cell System for Truck Application," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2716, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2716.
- American Trucking Association EPA Fleet Owner Magazine DOE Argonne National Lab. Summary of State Regulations Regarding Vehicle Idling
- Brodrick Farshchi Dwyer Gouse Martin Von Mayenburg Demonstration of PEM fuel cell as an Auxiliary Power Unit Source for Heavy Truck SAE 2000-01-3488
- Workshop on Fuel Cell for Rail traction Brussels 29 6 1999
- Holt Daniel J. Automotive Engineering International October 2000
- Engine Technology june 2001 90