This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimal Aircraft Collision Avoidance In Terminal Areas
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 11, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The present paper deals with optimal flight collision avoidance in terminal areas. The collision avoidance problem is expressed as an optimization problem whose solution vector is composed of individual aircraft headings, velocities and flight levels as guidance information that corresponding aircraft should follow to automatically avoid collision and at the same time to converge to a specified landing procedure start point. Simulation results are presented and show that the proposed method is capable of ensuring collision avoidance in an optimal way.
CitationBousson, K., "Optimal Aircraft Collision Avoidance In Terminal Areas," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2672, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2672.
- Alcabin M. and Erzberger H.: “Simulation of Time-Control Procedures for Terminal Area Flow Management”, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Boston, June 1985.
- Ashour S. S. and Hanna O. T.: “Explicit Exponential Method for the Integration of Stiff Ordinary Differential Equations”, Journal of Guidance, Vol. 14, Nov.–Dec. 1991, pp. 1234–1239.
- Bousson K.: “Efficient Global Optimization Based On Dynamic Canonical Descent”, To appear in the Journal Systems Science, 2001.
- Bousson K. and Paglione P.: “An Optimal Aircraft Conflict Resolution System Based on Hybrid Models”, ICAS Conference, Sorrento, Italy, 1996, pp. 2065–2070.
- Davis T.J., Erzberger H., Green S.M. and Nedell W.: “Design and Evaluation of an Air Traffic Control Final Approach Spacing Tool”, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 14, Nº 4, 1991, pp. 848–854.
- Erzberger H., Davis T.J. and Green S.: “Design of Center-TRACON Automation System”, AGARD CP-538, October 1993, pp. 11.1 – 11.12.
- Menon P.K. and Sweriduk G.D.: “Optimal Strategies for Free-Flight Air Traffic Conflict Resolution”, Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, Vol. 22, Nº 2, March–April 1999, pp. 202–211.
- Schultz R.L.: “Advanced Air Traffic Control and Flight Management System Concepts”, AGARD CP-538, October 1993, pp. 20.1 – 20.11.