This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Dynamic Aircraft Seat Analysis Capability
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 11, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The development of a dynamic aircraft seat analysis is presented in this paper. This analytical model is a nonlinear finite element model composed of a seat frame and cushion, restraint system, glare shield and a rigid body model of a 50th percentile Hybrid-II anthropomorphic test dummy (ATD) occupant. Results from this analytical model are correlated with empirical results obtained during a full-scale dynamic test. The analysis is representative of the dynamic test.
|Technical Paper||Validation of SOM-LA Occupant Response|
|Technical Paper||Toward Simplified Methodologies for Seat Design to FAR §23.562|
|Technical Paper||Safety Engineering for Crash Injury Prevention|
CitationHermann, T., Holmes, M., and Hartley, D., "Development of a Dynamic Aircraft Seat Analysis Capability," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2660, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2660.
- Soltis Nissley “The Development of Dynamic Performance Standards for Civil Aircraft Seats” Federal Aviation Administration.
- Hooper, Lankarani Kishore ‘Analysis of Component HIC Testing’ National Institute for Aviation Research November 1998
- Holmes, Michael ‘Dynamic Analysis of Crew Seats and Cockpit Interiors’ Wichita State University August 1996
- Marshall, Altamore Hartley ‘Dynamic Analysis of Crew Seats and Cockpit Interiors’ 2000-01-1674 , SAE May 2000
- ‘Seat Certification, Analytical Techniques’ March 30 1997
- Hartley, Dayton ‘Crew Seat Dynamic Test Results’ June 27 1991
- ‘MSC.DYTRAN User’s Manual’