Development of a Dynamic Aircraft Seat Analysis Capability
Published September 11, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation of this paper is available
The development of a dynamic aircraft seat analysis is presented in this paper. This analytical model is a nonlinear finite element model composed of a seat frame and cushion, restraint system, glare shield and a rigid body model of a 50th percentile Hybrid-II anthropomorphic test dummy (ATD) occupant. Results from this analytical model are correlated with empirical results obtained during a full-scale dynamic test. The analysis is representative of the dynamic test.
CitationHermann, T., Holmes, M., and Hartley, D., "Development of a Dynamic Aircraft Seat Analysis Capability," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2660, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2660.
- Soltis & Nissley, “The Development of Dynamic Performance Standards for Civil Aircraft Seats”, Federal Aviation Administration.
- Hooper, Lankarani & Kishore, ‘Analysis of Component HIC Testing’, National Institute for Aviation Research, November 1998.
- Holmes, Michael ‘Dynamic Analysis of Crew Seats and Cockpit Interiors’, Wichita State University, August 1996.
- Marshall, Altamore & Hartley, ‘Dynamic Analysis of Crew Seats and Cockpit Interiors’, 2000-01-1674, SAE, May 2000.
- , ‘Seat Certification, Analytical Techniques’, C-GEN-3432-1, AGATE, March 30, 1997.
- Hartley, Dayton ‘Crew Seat Dynamic Test Results’, Report NO. 400E765, Beech Aircraft Corporation, June 27, 1991.
- , ‘MSC.DYTRAN User’s Manual’, The MacNeal-Schwendler Corporation.