This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design of Thermal Radiative Properties of Multilayer Films on a Variable Emittance Radiator
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
New thermal control material named Smart Radiation Device (SRD) has been studied to apply for spacecraft. Infrared radiative properties of the SRD change depending on its own temperature without electrical or mechanical instruments. The SRD however shows too high solar absorptance to apply it as a radiator. To overcome such drawback, it is necessary to design and apply the mutilayer films on the SRD for reflecting solar radiation, keeping infrared radiative properties of the SRD. To perform optimum design of the multilayer films, the genetic algorithm (GA) was employed. In this paper, we propose a design of the thermal radiative properties of the SRD with the multilayer films.
CitationShimazaki, K., Tachikawa, S., Ohnishi, A., and Nagasaka, Y., "Design of Thermal Radiative Properties of Multilayer Films on a Variable Emittance Radiator," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2339, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2339.
- Hale J. S. et al. Thin Solid Films 339 174 180 1999
- Huchler M. et al. SAE Technical Paper No. 951674 , 25th International Conference on Environmental Systems July 1995
- Tachikawa S. et al. SAE Technical Paper No.00ICES-314, 30th International Conference on Environmental Systems July 2000
- Okimoto Y. et al. Phys. Rev. B 55 4206 4214 1995
- Urushibara A. et al. Phys. Rev 51 14103 14109 1995
- Zener C. Phys. Rev 81 403 405 1951
- de Gennes P.-G. Phys. Rev 118 141 154 1960
- Li L. et al. Appl. Opt 31 3790 3799 1992
- Dobrowolski J. A. Appl. Opt 20 74 81 1981
- Goldberg D. E. Genetic Algorithms in search, Optimization, And Machine Learning Addison-Wesley, Reading Mass 1989
- Boudet T. et al. Appl. Opt 35 6219 6226 1996
- Jonker G. H. et al. Physica 16 337 349 1950
- Shimazaki K. et al. High Temp.- High Press.
- Nakamoto K. Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordiation Compounds 4th ed. Wiley New York 1986 147 155
- Thekaekara M. P. The Solar Constant and the Solar Spectrum Measured from A Research Aircraft 71 80 1970
- Horikoshi R. et al. Int. J. Thermophys. 19 547 555 1998
- Roessler D. M. Brit. J. Appl. Phys. 16 1119 1123 1965
- Azzam R. M. A. et al. Ellipsometry and Polarized Light North-Holland Amsterdam 1977
- Vasicek A. Optics of Thin Films North-Holland Publishing Co. Amsterdam 1960 159 274
- Palik E. D. Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids I-III Academic Press New York 1998