This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Data Acquisition and Power Control System for Thermal Test on Spacecraft at 4m Thermal Vacuum Chamber
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A computer based data acquisition and power control system has been designed and installed for conducting thermal test at 4M thermal vacuum chamber of ISRO Satellite Centre(ISAC), Bangalore, INDIA. The system consists of four main units viz. Temperature Signal Processing Unit(TSPU), Power and Control Unit(PACU), Spacecraft telemetry and thermal vacuum chamber facility data interface unit and Data Processing Unit(DPU). The system has capability of monitoring 512 thermocouple channels, 700 spacecraft telemetry thermal related parameters, facility parameters including chamber Vacuum level, chamber contamination level using Quartz Crystal Monitor data and 128 numbers of heat-flux/temperature control channels. TSPU and PACU are VME based system. DPU is based on Pentium processor with hot redundancy using Redundant Array Of Inexpensive Disks(RAID) to takeover in case of failure of a server. All the subsystem and their peripherals are networked using TCP/IP on Ethernet. Details of the system configuration, its specification and performance are presented here.
- A. K. Ray - Thermal Systems Group
- Dinesh Kumar - Thermal Systems Group
- P. N. Rajendran - Thermal Systems Group
- Usha D. Shastri - Thermal Systems Group
- A. Atchamamba - Thermal Systems Group
- Dinesh Chandra - Thermal Systems Group
- P. P. Gupta - Thermal Systems Group
- H. Narayanamurthy - Thermal Systems Group
CitationRay, A., Kumar, D., Rajendran, P., Shastri, U. et al., "Data Acquisition and Power Control System for Thermal Test on Spacecraft at 4m Thermal Vacuum Chamber," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2245, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2245.
- October 1996
- The generic thermal data acquisition system—a knowledge-based system to reduce test risk and cost Wright Charles P. Proceedings, 15 th Aerospace Testing Seminar October 11,12&13th 1994 Manhattan Beach, California
- Feb 4–11 1995