This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation to Support an Integration Test Project of CEEF
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A simulation of an open mode system experiment was run using the same experimental conditions as an integration test conducted from September 1999 to February 2000 using the Closed Plant Experiment Facility at the Institute for Environmental Sciences in order to evaluate the operation of closed mode system to be conducted in future. Operation of the open mode system experiment required a supply of water and carbon dioxide from the outside, and the discharge of nutrient waste water and oxygen. The present simulation verified the feasibility of using non-integrated wet-oxidation processor, nutrient synthesis unit and nutrient waste water processor connected within a closed mode system, and it was confirmed that sufficient material circulation could be achieved when rice and soybeans were divided into six beds with different growing stages to facilitate control of the nutrient solution.
CitationMiyajima, H., Abe, K., Nitta, K., Ishikawa, Y. et al., "Simulation to Support an Integration Test Project of CEEF," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2130, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2130.
- Miyajima H. Ishikawa Y. Ashida A. Nitta K. Development of Simulation Model and its Application to an Integration Test Project of CEEF SAE 2000-01-2334 2000
- Tako Y. et al. A Study on Material Circulation Using Plantation System of Closed Ecology Experiment Facilities (CEEF) ‘00 Proceeding of Japan CELSS Conference 131 136 2000
- Marui A. Maruyama K. Ashida A. A Study on Simulation Software for CEEF ‘98 Proceeding of Japan CELSS Conference 21 24 1998
- Ashida A. Tako Y. Nitta K. Material Circulation Design Based on Organic Matter Analysis of Edible and Inedible Parts of Plants for CEEF SAE 961414 1996
- Tako Y. Arai R. Otsubo K. Nitta K. The Test on Performance of Stand Photosynthesis and Transpiration Measuring System in Plant Cultivation Modules in CEEF (Closed Ecology Experiment Facilities) ‘98 Proceeding of Japan CELSS Conference 79 84 1998
- Miyajima H. Ishikawa Y. Development of a Model for Design and Control of a CELSS SAE 1999-01-2043 1999
- Hara H. et al. Performance of Wet-Oxidation Processors in Closed Ecology Experiment Facilities ‘98 Proceeding of Japan CELSS Conference 39 44 1998