This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Evaluation of a Reverse Uniflow-Type Two-Stroke Gasoline DI Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to improve the drawbacks of current schnürle-type two-stroke gasoline engine, a reverse uniflow-type two-stroke direct injection engine was designed and developed. The scavenging port and piston geometry combined with a direct injection system were designed to realize both stratified charge combustion in light to medium load and higher power output in high load range. In-cylinder gas motion and spray behavior were analyzed and optimized by numerical simulation. The experimental result shows high BMEP in WOT operation achieved by a high delivery ratio, high trapping efficiency and good scavenging. In light to medium load a stable combustion was achieved by good stratified combustion utilizing a spray and wall guided mixture preparation.
CitationMorikawa, K., Takimoto, H., Moriyoshi, Y., Kikuchi, K. et al., "Development and Evaluation of a Reverse Uniflow-Type Two-Stroke Gasoline DI Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1839, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1839.
- Ando H. “Combustion Control Technologies for GDI Engines -Removal of Restriction in Mixing Control” Mitsubishi Motors Corporation Technical Review 1998 10 24 32
- Morikawa K. Takimoto H. Ogi T. “A study of Direct Fuel Injection Two-stroke Engine for High Specific Power Output and High Engine Speed” SAE Paper No. 1999-01-3288
- Moriyoshi Y. Mori K. Morikawa K. “Numerical Analysis of Gas Exchange Process in a Small Two-Stroke Gasoline Engine” SAE Paper No. 1999-01-3330
- Ishibashi Y. “Basic Understanding of Activated Radical Combustion and Its Two-Stroke Engine Application and Benefits” SAE Paper No. 2000-01-1836
- Iida N. “A Study of Autoignition and Combustion in Two-Stroke ATAC Engine - Compression Ignition Characteristics of Low Carbon Alternative Fuels” SAE Paper No. 1999-01-3274
- Morikawa K. Takimoto H. Kaneko T. Ogi T. “A Study of Exhaust Emission Control for Direct Fuel Injection Two-Stroke Engine” SAE Paper No. 1999-01-3287
- Takeda K. Sugimoto T. Tsuchiya T. Ogawa M. Ueda S. Yoneshige K. “Slit Nozzle Injector for A New Concept of Direct Injection SI Gasoline Engine” SAE Paper No. 2000-01-1902