This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a New 1.6L Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This newly developed 1.6L engine achieves, in comparison with a conventional engine, an 7% reduction in fuel consumption in stoichiometric operation, by improving combustion through modification of the shape of the intake port and combustion chambers, and by adopting friction-reducing technologies. Also, the adoption of a high-density, thin-walled catalyst (900 cells, 2.5 mil unit) and early activation of the catalyst through catalyst quick warm-up control, makes it possible to comply with Euro4 gas emission standards by reducing emissions in cold start and immediately thereafter.
|Technical Paper||Development of a Power Train for the Hybrid Automobile - the Civic Hybrid|
|Technical Paper||Experimental Investigation on Catalyst-Heating Strategies and Potential of GDI Combustion Systems|
CitationWATANABE, K. and MATSUKI, M., "Development of a New 1.6L Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1804, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1804.
- Ohura H. Miura K. Development of a High-efficiency Gasoline Engine With Variable Valve Lift and Timing Jour. of JSAE 45 8 93 98 1991
- Matsuki M. et al. Development of a Lean-burn Engine with a Variable Valve Timing Mechanism SAE Paper 960583
- Miura K. Development of a Lean-burn Engine for Hybrid Vehicles JSAE symposium 2000
- Aoki K. Kajiwara S. Sato H. Yamamoto Y. Development of an Integrated Motor Assist Hybrid System Proc. of JSAE 1999
- Hayashi A. Sakurahara K. Takabayashi T. Endo T. Development of the 1.8L Lean-burn Engine for the “ACCORD/TORNEO,” HONDA R&D Technical Review 10 49 57 1998
- Ogihara H. “Surface Profile Modified for Engine Friction Reduction” Society of Fine Particle Bonberding Technical of Japan 1999
- Tanaka H. Nagashima T. Sato T. Kawauchi S. Effect of OW-20 Low-viscosity engine oil on fuel economy Honda R&D Technical Review 11 2 143 148 1999
- Kitagawa K. Mibe T. Matsuoka K. Yasui H. Ultra-low Emission System for “Accord SULEV” HONDA R&D Technical Review 12 2 37 44 2001