This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Software Tool for Noise Quality and Brand Sound Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 30, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For noise quality and brand sound design of passenger cars a unique software tool is currently used by our clients world-wide to evaluate and optimise the interior noise quality and brand sound aspects of passenger cars on an objective basis.
The software tools AVL-VOICE and AVL-COMFORT are designed for the objective analysis of interior noise quality, for benchmarking, for the definition of noise quality targets and most important for effective vehicle sound engineering. With this tool, the target orientated implementation of the required interior noise quality or brand sound by predictable hardware modifications into passenger cars - for tailor made joy of driving - becomes feasible.
The use of this tools is drastically reducing vehicle evaluation time and sound engineering effort when compared with traditional jury subjective evaluation methods and standard acoustic NVH optimisation procedures.
The successful implementation of a desired brand sound into the vehicle requires extensive knowledge of how a particular brand sound has to be composed and how this composition can be transferred into relevant hardware modifications. Examples on brand sound engineering will be presented as well in this paper.
CitationBiermayer, W., Thomann, S., and Brandl, F., "A Software Tool for Noise Quality and Brand Sound Development," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1573, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1573.
- Brandl, F. Biermayer, W. A New Tool for the Onboard Objective Assessment of Vehicle Interior Noise Quality SAE 1999-01-1695 Traverse City 17-20 May 1999
- Brandl, F. Biermayer, W. Pflüger, M. A Software Tool for the Objective Analysis and Optimisation of Passenger Car Interior Noise Quality ATZ 7-8 99
- Neubauer, G. Ermittlung von Personengruppen aus PKW-Eigenschaften Institut für Angewandte Statistik und Systemanalyse Juni 1999
- Brandl, F.K. Biermayer, W. Thomann, S. Pflüger, M. Objective Description of the Required Interior Sound Character for Exclusive Passenger Cars IMechE 2000 London 10-12 May 2000
- Brandl, F.K. Thomann, S. Biermayer, W. AVL LIST GmbH Ishii, Y. Yamashita, T. HONDA R&D Co.Ltd. Objective Description of the Optimum Interior Sound Character of Sports Cars SAE 20005320, JSAE Spring Convention Yokohama 24-26 May 2000
- Pflüger, M. Graf, F. A Recording and Playback System for Vehicle Interior Sound IMechE 2000 London 10-12 May 2000
- Allmer, I. Bartsch, P. Prenninger, P. Transient performance optimization of turbocharged engines by means of gas exchange simulations IMechE 1998
- Prenninger, P. Prevedel, K. Wolkerstorfer, J. Analyse und Optimierung des instationären Turboladerbetriebes von HSDI Dieselmotoren mittels Kreisprozesssimulation Proceedings: Der Arbeitsprozeß der Verbrennungskraftmaschine 1999 Graz