This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
“Digital Prototype” Simulations to Achieve Vehicle Level NVH Targets in the Presence of Uncertainties
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 30, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
“Digital Prototype” simulations have been used at DaimlerChrysler to achieve vehicle level NVH objectives. The effectiveness of these simulations to guide the design when faced with vehicle parameter uncertainties is discussed. These uncertainties include, but are not limited to, material properties, material gauges, damping, structural geometry, loads, boundary conditions and weld integrity. Manufacturing and assembly processes introduce variations in the nominal values of these parameters resulting in a scatter of vehicle level NVH simulation responses. An example of a high frequency NVH concern will be studied and modified to arrive at robust design guidance when faced with uncertainty. The validity of a “deterministic digital prototype” simulation model and its relevant role as a “trend predictor” rather than “absolute predictor” tool in guiding the design is also discussed.
|Technical Paper||Automatic Detection of Buzz, Squeak and Rattle Events|
|Technical Paper||Development of Hybrid Model for Powerplant Vibration|
|Technical Paper||Component Mode Synthesis for Substructures with Non-Matching Interfaces|
CitationGogate, S. and Duncan, A., "“Digital Prototype” Simulations to Achieve Vehicle Level NVH Targets in the Presence of Uncertainties," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1529, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1529.
- Dong, B. et. al. “Process to Achieve NVH Goals:Subsystem Targets vis “Digital Prototype” Simulations” SAE No. 1999-01-1692 1999
- Kompella, M. S. Bernhard, J. “Measurement of the Statistical Variation of Structural-Acoustic Characteristics of Automotive Vehicles” SAE No. 931272 1993 SAE paper number 931272 1993 Society of Automotive Engineers
- Freymann, R. Stryczek, R. “A New Optimization Approach in the Field of Structural-Acoustics” SAE No. 2000-01-0729 2000 SAE paper number 2000-01-0729 2000 Society of Automotive Engineers
- Ahmad, M. “Daimler-Chrysler Internal Noise Path Analysis of Digital Prototype” NVH Advanced Engineering Dept. Sept. 23 2000
- Kilroy, K. MSC/NASTRAN, Version 70, Quick Reference Guide” 1997
- Duncan, A. et.al. “Understanding NVH Basics” Body and Design Engineering IBEC 1996