This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Sound Design in the Passenger Compartment with Active Noise Control in the Air Intake System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 30, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the future, the requirements of acoustic behavior in air intake systems will continue to increase. Active systems will be necessary to reach the higher legislative standards and customer expectations regarding noise levels.
The optimization of the Active Noise Control System regarding the sound design in the interior is based on the transfer function between the engine and the passenger compartment as well as the design of the air intake system.
This paper shows the development process, with a focus on the investigation of transfer functions in passenger cars and the computational calculation for the system configuration.
CitationPricken, F., "Sound Design in the Passenger Compartment with Active Noise Control in the Air Intake System," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1432, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1432.
- “Acoustics - Measurements of noise emitted by passenger cars under conditions representative of urban driving.” first 1985
- Brandl, F. K. September 1996
- Pricken, Franc “Top Acoustic of Plastic Air Intake Manifolds” SAE-Paper 1999-01-0319
- Pricken, Franc “Active Noise Cancellation in Future Air Intake Systems” SAE-Paper 2000-01-0026
- Weber, O. Paffrath, H. Cedzich, W. Beutnagel, J. Vienna
- Wiehagen, N. Wilhelm, M. Bisping, R. Drapatz, C. “Motorgeräuschgestaltung” FVV
- Elliott, S.J. Nelson, P.A. “Active Control of Sound” Academic Press London 1993
- Swinbanks, M.A. “The active control of sound propagation in long ducts” 1973 Journal of Sound and Vibration
- Winkler, J. Elliott, S.J. “Adaptive Control of Broadband Sound in Ducts Using a Pair of Loudspeakers” 1995 Acustica
- Winkler, J. Lippold, R. Scheuren, J. “Implementation of an Active Noise Control System” Proc. Active 95
- Scheuren, J. “Introduction and Overview on Active Noise and Vibration Control” Active Control of Sound and Vibration 2000